White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)
2 or 3 games u call that a gamer! Look at Manny every game he delivers a big hit.. sort of like Baines use with us!  Rowand is not that good people get over it! Big deal he likes the Bears .. give mne some guy that loves soccer and produces for the Sox than some chump thta likes Da' bears and cant do crap!  We wanna win baseball games here, not a popularity contest.. hes a great guy but does nothing productive day in and night out for us!

I'm not a big fan of Rowand, especially with what I've heard. However, he is not a problem with our offense right now. The middle of our order just isn't producing.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
look up his bases loaded stats ?  Thats why the guys is leading the league with 30 something rbi's... yeah !

How often does one come up with the bases loaded? Not a lot huh?

If you spent most of the season batting 6th or 7th after guys like Konerko and Dye you wouldn't have many RBI's either.

Again. .350ish with RISP. That speaks for itself.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
2 or 3 games u call that a gamer! Look at Manny every game he delivers a big hit.. sort of like Baines use with us!  Rowand is not that good people get over it! Big deal he likes the Bears .. give mne some guy that loves soccer and produces for the Sox than some chump thta likes Da' bears and cant do crap!  We wanna win baseball games here, not a popularity contest.. hes a great guy but does nothing productive day in and night out for us!

f***ing moron.

Maybe i am insulting you so that i can get a little vacation and not listen to all this stupid s***?

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)

If Manny delivered a big hit every game how come Boston isn't 30 games over .500?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
I couldn't disagree more.  Even in a so-called down year, his OPS is still one of the best in the NL.  I truly believe that on the proper team, his K numbers would diminish.  The entire Reds team just swings out of their ass.  It's like how Pods had high K numbers with the Brewers last year, when everyone else was swinging out of their ass.  I'd take Dunn over any Sox offensive player this season in a second.

I couldn't stand watching Dunn "hit" during the Cubs series. He struck out looking on a straight fast ball on a 3-2 count from Williams, and in a 1-run game with the bases loaded with one out, he strikes out. All he had to do is put the ball into play in order to get in the tying run.

EDIT: Computer f***ed up, missed some words.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
Adam Dunn hits in the #5 and #6 spots whereas Konerko is at #4. And Konerko has had 89 AB's with RISP to Dunn's 70. Pretty significant difference.

Point is neither has done the job with men in scoring position this year ( at the rate that should be).

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
If Manny delivered a big hit every game how come Boston isn't 30 games over .500?

Tell that to Red Sox fans who had to watch Manny strikeout looking in the clutch for about the first 50 games of the season. Ortiz and Damon carried this offense for a large portion of this season.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
I couldn't stand watching Dunn "hit" during the Cubs series.  He struck out looking on a straight fast ball on a 3-2-run game with the bases loaded with one out, he strikes out.  All he had to do is put the ball into play in order to get in the tying run.

Didn't he also hit a couple of homers in the series?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
Here's my worry with Everett. I have a feeling he's pressing a little with Frank out. Before Frank came back, Everett was struggling big time also, as he couldn't even make contact with the ball it seemed.  Everett's swing is so much longer tonight than it was for the last month.

Actually, Everett has sucked for the last month (.208 AVG/.651 OPS in July). But I doubt we're even looking for upgrades because of "chemistry."

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
How often does one come up with the bases loaded?  Not a lot huh?

If you spent most of the season batting 6th or 7th after guys like Konerko and Dye you wouldn't have many RBI's either.

Again.  .350ish with RISP.  That speaks for itself.

he bats 5th in the lineup not 6th or 7th! U get them situations u make the most of them! excuses are for children , Rowand needs to show production! His slugging percentage is off the wall! Sad when over half the leadoof hitters in MLB have a higher slugging percentage than him! Nice production from the 5 hole! Hate to say it but our best clutch hitter in a long time is with the Tigers!

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
Actually, Everett has sucked for the last month (.208 AVG/.651 OPS in July). But I doubt we're even looking for upgrades because of "chemistry."

Wow, I didn't know it was that bad. I definitely think our biggest weakness is our offense right now. That's why I think the Burnett stuff is crazy.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
But that is Adam Dunn.  He'll hit you homers but when you need him most he won't come through.

Or he'll get intentionally walked. However, we're not getting him, so this is just for fun.