White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
he bats 5th in the lineup not 6th or 7th! U get them situations u make the most of them!  excuses are for children , Rowand needs to show production! His slugging percentage is off the wall! Sad when over half the leadoo hitters in MLB have a higher slugging percentage than him! Nice production from the 5 hole! Hate to say it but our best clutch hitter in a long time is with the Tigers!

Dye bats 5th in the lineup.......when he doesn't have a bug bite on his ass. But then if you could look past 1 game you'd know that huh?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
Didn't he also hit a couple of homers in the series?

Actually he only hit one, and that was off an injured Kerry Wood who was lobbing 87 MPH fastballs. But of course it all looks the same in the box score which is why Dunn is such a great player.

:rolly

He was 3-16 in the 4 game series against the Cubs. Again, with what I saw, I wasn't impressed with Dunn AT ALL.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
Dye bats 5th in the lineup.......when he doesn't have a bug bite on his ass.  But then if you could look past 1 game you'd know that huh?

k dude , Dye has ben hitting 6th to give Rownad some protection, take some time and look at some previous box scores genius!

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
Actually he only hit one, and that was off an injured Kerry Wood who was lobbing 87 MPH fastballs.  But of course it all looks the same in the box score which is why Dunn is such a great player.

:rolly

He was 3-16 in the 4 game series against the Cubs.  Again, with what I saw, I wasn't impressed with Dunn AT ALL.

Fair enough. It was a long series with a ton of homers. Yes, Dunn is frustrating to watch. However, he's also an extremely dangerous, young hitter.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
No unlike Rowand.. manny makes u pay when runners on base including with the bases loaded! Hence the 90 rbi compared to our great CG with 30 something, disgusting!

Aaron's not just out there to drive people in, he's also a great centerfielder. Once again what stats do you have to say Aaron isn't a good clutch hitter?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 05:37 PM)
Wow, I didn't know it was that bad.  I definitely think our biggest weakness is our offense right now.  That's why I think the Burnett stuff is crazy.

But KW doesn't want to mess w/ the chemistry :huh:

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Or he'll get intentionally walked.  However, we're not getting him, so this is just for fun.

If we're in a situation where we need a hit or a ball batted into play to get in a run, how does Dunn getting intenionally walk help our situation?

FWIW, i don't think a walk is as good as a hit.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
Aaron's not just out there to drive people in, he's also a great centerfielder.  Once again what stats do you have to say Aaron isn't a good clutch hitter?

.350 with RISP isin't good enough for that tool I guess.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
But KW doesn't want to mess w/ the chemistry  :huh:

Nah, he just wants to piss you people off. In actuality he doesn't care about winning, he just likes seeing all you b**** at him on this messageboard. He told me this over the phone last night while Aaron was shooting roids.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
If we're in a situation where we need a hit or a ball batted into play to get in a run, how does Dunn getting intenionally walk help our situation?

FWIW, i don't think a walk is as good as a hit.

Basically, Dunn was a slightly better player than what we saw out of Frank so far this year. The fact he's still extremely young is a definite bonus.

Chi White Sox

AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg

S. Podsednik lf 3 0 1 1 0 1 0 .299

T. Iguchi 2b 3 0 0 0 1 1 0 .273

F. Thomas dh 4 1 1 1 0 2 1 .227

P. Konerko 1b 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 .256

A. Rowand cf 4 0 2 0 0 0 1 .289

J. Dye rf 3 1 1 0 1 1 1 .263

A.J. Pierzynski c 3 1 1 0 1 0 1 .246

J. Crede 3b 3 2 2 3 0 1 2 .241

J. Uribe ss 3 1 1 1 0 0 2 .233

Totals 29 7 10 7 4 7 9

one of many games the big run producer has batted in the 5 hole!

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
No unlike Rowand.. manny makes u pay when runners on base including with the bases loaded! Hence the 90 rbi compared to our great CG with 30 something, disgusting!

Manny bats behind Damon, Renteria and Ortiz. The guy is constantly batting with guys on base. He also gets paid $20 million a year. Boston waived Mr. Clutch a couple of years ago, and any team could have had him if they just took the contract. There were no takers.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
Manny bats behind Damon, Renteria and Ortiz. The guy is constantly batting with guys on base. He also gets paid $20 million a year. Boston waived Mr. Clutch a couple of years ago, and any team could have had him if they just took the contract. There were no takers.

Please tell me we're not discussing if Manny is a good hitter or not.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
Point is neither has done the job with men in scoring position this year ( at the rate that should be).

Uhh, no. The point is that Adam Dunn is better than Konerko.

Dunn's ratio of ABs w/RISP (70) to RBIs (59) is 1.18. Compare that to David Ortiz who is at 1.19 (103 ABs w/RISP to 86 RBI). I don't really know what rate you want Dunn to be operating at, but he's clearly up there with the league's best.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Uhh, no. The point is that Adam Dunn is better than Konerko.

Dunn's ratio of ABs w/RISP (70) to RBIs (59) is 1.18. Compare that to David Ortiz who is at 1.19 (103 ABs w/RISP to 86 RBI). I don't really know what rate you want Dunn to be operating at, but he's clearly up there with the league's best.

Please show me his clutch stats.