White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
BTW guys El Duque has only managed to give up 2 runs through 6 innings. Now can we score some friggin runs please!  :D

Of course the one night when Duque pitches his ass off and has a nice outing the offense has to mail one in. I know they've had some atrocious calls against them tonight but someone's gotta grab their balls and step up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
Someone might want to tell PK that this is a contract year!

Somebody is going to give him a 4 or 5 year contract. He might have a year like he had last year, but whoever signs him will be asking other teams if they would be interested in taking the contract for at least the last 2 years of the deal. He's not going to age well.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
Since this game's over, I have an idea of something to argue back and forth that has to do with the Sox.

If a pitcher on the Sox is going to win the Cy Young, it will be Garland.

You got that right :)

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)
Somebody is going to give him a 4 or 5 year contract. He might have a year like he had last year, but whoever signs him will be asking other teams if they would be interested in taking the contract for at least the last 2 years of the deal. He's not going to age well.

I've been thinking the same thing as you. PK doesn't strike me as a young player for his age. Rather, I can't see his physical ability improving a lick for the rest of his career. I definitely agree with the opinion that he'll have one of those contracts in a few years that the team is trying to get rid of.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
Wow, I didn't know it was that bad.  I definitely think our biggest weakness is our offense right now.  That's why I think the Burnett stuff is crazy.

I would have disagreed with you at the beginning of the game. And while I've said the offense needs help, I was more concerned with the Cubans. This is the type of game that can really confuse us armchair GMs.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
I would have disagreed with you at the beginning of the game. And while I've said the offense needs help, I was more concerned with the Cubans. This is the type of game that can really confuse us armchair GMs.

That's why everyone here is an armchair gm cause people tend to overreact one way or another to one game.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
Konerko f***n sucks :angry: El Duque is having a good game but they cant score s***.

And absolutely no one can justify this shutout by complimenting Miller. Poor lineup, poor AB's equal shutout.

With Dye having his injury issue, and seemingly cooling off since the ASB.....combined with Everett and PK not exactly sharp, this offense is really going to struggle to consistently put up a lot of runs. Those need to be our power producers, and none of them seem to be on top of their game. People seem to forget how great Dye was for about the last 40 games before the ASB.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)

Well if you can't improve the offense, then you better iimprove the pitching

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
You're a joke.

I've been pissed off at other posters on this board, and I'm sure I've pissed off plenty. Soxprano's is the first I've ever put on ignore. I can't possibly ever see where he would post anything I would find informative or intelligent.

Edited by Dick Allen