The AJ Burnett 24 Hour Window Thread

AddisonStSox

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Ha......ahaha........ahahahahaha. I'm not risking a f***ing heat stroke! Hopefully the Sept. game I go to is nice and cool and a division-clincher!

Should have given me your tickets, I would have went. :D

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
That trade was good, but c'mon you know how I feel about Reed.. :D

I think Seattle is pretty happy about what they got -- their CF'er of the future, as well as a good hitting, questionable fielding SS/3B-man. Worked well for both teams, it looks like.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
Should have given me your tickets, I would have went. :D

I would have went too but my other 3 ticket holders, aka my mom and sisters aka my ride, chickened out.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
If it does, everything will be announced after the game.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
Damn.... de ja vu of the Olivo/Reed trade... :(

That's how I think it's gonna go down and I'm not gonna be shocked if it happens.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
How does acquiring AJ Burnett guarantee us a pennant?

I would appreciate if you could point out for me where I said that. Really. I must be slow today.

If you could do that, that would be greaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Thanks.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
I would appreciate if you could point out for me where I said that.  Really.  I must be slow today.

If you could do that, that would be greaaaaaaaaaaaaat.  Thanks.

Yeah, I'm gonna need you to come in this weekend and cover the trade rumors.

One of the few problems I have is dealing Marte (in some rumors) is being without a capable bullpen arm behind him. Everyone knows I think Baj is capable, but do we really want Kevin Walker if we don't get a LOOGY? That's scary.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
One of the few problems I have is dealing Marte (in some rumors) without a capable bullpen arm behind him. Everyone knows I thing Baj is capable, but do we really want Kevin Walker if we don't get a LOOGY? That's scary.

I think everyone assumes that KW will make another trade for a LOOGY. I can't picture him letting Walker suck for this team anymore.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
WHarris, I accidentally deleted your post.

Sorry.

Ya I doubled posted, you deleted 1 and I deleted the other.

My question; what is new with Burnett?

If a deal was that close wouldn't he get scratched from his start today? Which he did not.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
I would appreciate if you could point out for me where I said that.  Really.  I must be slow today.

If you could do that, that would be greaaaaaaaaaaaaat.  Thanks.

My bad. I misread the part where you said, "If the Sox can win a pennant with Burnett on the roster..." I took it as meaning something else.

I apologize.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
Ya I doubled posted, you deleted 1 and I deleted the other.

My question; what is new with Burnett?

If a deal was that close wouldn't he get scratched from his start today?  Which he did not.

No, because Fla is in the race so they aren't going to not let him pitch based on a potential deal. Anything can happen between close and done.

I also listened to ESPN 1000 this afternoon and Levine didn't say anything in regards to Lowell being added to this potential trade. It was simply Marte and McCarthy for Burnett straight up. Screw Mike Lowell he was a 1.5 year wonder. Crede is heating up at the plate and his defense is better. And of course his contract is cheap as hell.

I say make this deal- and GO FOR WAGNER!! to replace Marte's lefty spot in our pen. If KW does both of these...... okay im not going to say it ;)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
Damn.... de ja vu of the Olivo/Reed trade... :(

Yeah, I cry a little inside everytime I watch a Jeremy Reed web gem on BBTN. They are calling him the best young CFer in the AL. :crying Still, with Garcia resigned it's been a good deal for us.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
After 2 scoreless inning AJ Burnett just hit a solo homer...

A lot of good that's gonna do us :rolly ... until the Series that is.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
Yeah, I cry a little inside everytime I watch a Jeremy Reed web gem on BBTN. They are calling him the best young CFer in the AL. :crying Still, with Garcia resigned it's been a good deal for us.

A lot of good that's gonna do us :rolly ... until the Series that is.

They are talking about letting him play SS. Rumors are he has as strong of an arm as Uribe :P

But seriously that deal was good for both teams. The big thing is Morse is looking like a really solid player. Than there is the Reedster, I definately miss him. Had the Sox not had Anderson/Sweeney/Young I'd of felt a lot worse about it, but he's gonna be a good one and I always root for him when I see him play.

Hell Dbaho and I saw Miggy hit a bomb in Anaheim and we gave him a good cheering.