Sox @ Royals 7/25/05 Game Thread

bjm676

Looking at that lineup, I'm pretty surprised that AJ is still hitting just .245, isn't he a career .300 hitter? I guess I thought that his average would start climbing later in the season but it really hasn't yet. Despite the low average, he has definitely been huge for the team this year though.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Looking at that lineup, I'm pretty surprised that AJ is still hitting just .245, isn't he a career .300 hitter?  I guess I thought that his average would start climbing later in the season but it really hasn't yet.  Despite the low average, he has definitely been huge for the team this year though.

He's been hitting the ball much better lately, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take off soon.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
I hope Iguchi's not just sitting to give Willie some time.

I think it's probably pretty safe to say that Willie is in the lineup because he's 6 for 10 in his career against Greinke.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
He's been hitting the ball much better lately, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take off soon.

AJ's been hitting the ball better for liek a month now...and still it seems like things just won't fall in.

I swear he's hit more line drives straight at people than anyone on our team. By far.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
Grienke has been on his past few starts. Can't wait for all the panic buttons to be pushed if we struggle offensively!

To be honest w/ you i wouldn't be surprised if we get SHO by Greinke, especially after our pathetic performance against Miller on saturday. Both guys are very similar, low 90's heaters, big 12-6 curveballs :o

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
To be honest w/ you i wouldn't be surprised if we get SHO by Greinke, especially after our pathetic performance against Miller on saturday. Both guys are very similar, low 90's heaters, big 12-6 curveballs  :o

Good call on that one.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
To be honest w/ you i wouldn't be surprised if we get SHO by Greinke, especially after our pathetic performance against Miller on saturday. Both guys are very similar, low 90's heaters, big 12-6 curveballs  :o

Everett came in 1-16 against him and Pauly 1-15. Pauly has doubled his career hit output after 1 AB. Way to go AJ, Konerko not scoring really hurts. Pick him up JD.