Monday Matinee Game Thread 8-1-05

aboz56

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
Too bad umps can't be fined or suspended for bad calls.

If this wasn't already answered.. Brian they can and are fined.. we just rarely ever hear about it.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind a little chin music, by why put the tying run in scoring position and the go ahead run on first? I am not watching because I am at work, but if he intentionally threw at him his ejection is warranted. He will most likely be suspended as well. With the lack of off days coming up and quality of opponents, I don't think that it was the smartest move.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
That's some blatant disregard for his own bowels right there......MURRRRCIE.....

what can i say.... i love the feeling of loose rosebud.

Timo does too... thats why he just doubled in Crede.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
So you put your meaningless 6 inning streak ahead of your teammates health who have been drilled two straight days? That's devoid of logic, period, as well as arrogant.

No, I don't. I was specifically referring to the first 10 posts after it happened... Oh my God.. the streak.. the strrreeeaaaaakkkkkk!!!!"

I have no idea what Mark or Ozzie thinks about it. I was using the board reaction as a guage for an opinion.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
I don't mind a little chin music, by why put the tying run in scoring position and the go ahead run on first? I am not watching because I am at work, but if he intentionally threw at him his ejection is warranted. He will most likely be suspended as well. With the lack of off days coming up and quality of opponents, I don't think that it was the smartest move.

These bastards have to know that they will be drilled if they do that s***. Suspension or not. We can't keep taking it and taking it. We did in Oakland. Now Baltimore is trying the same s***. Vizcaino should drill the next batter he faces to even the score.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
No, I don't. I was specifically referring to the first 10 posts after it happened... Oh my God.. the streak.. the strrreeeaaaaakkkkkk!!!!"

I have no idea what Mark or Ozzie thinks about it. I was using the board reaction as a guage for an opinion.

"You have to see that BAAAABBYYYY!"

Seinfeld quote.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)

No way he is suspended. How many times have you seen a pitcher get suspended because they got kicked out fo a game before a warning was even issused?

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Apparently. So if that's the case you all can stop giving me s*** about my opinion on this matter.

I can see your point too. By the way, do you think there will be any tension if the boys on both teams wind up at the same Dairy Queen when they go for after-game treats?

:lol:

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)

I can't see how they'd suspend him...purely a subjective opinion that has no basis. The arguement being...why would I hit somebody and put the tying run on second...which is maybe what he was thinking anyway. I'd be shocked if he got suspended for that horses***.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
No way he is suspended. How many times have you seen a pitcher get suspended because they got kicked out fo a game before a warning was even issused?

The only way we would have seen suspensions if Baltimore cared enough to clear the benches and throw punches.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
I can see your point too.  By the way, do you think there will be any tension if the boys on both teams wind up at the same Dairy Queen when they go for after-game treats?

:lol:

The Orioles and the Sox do not socialize. There is no risk of them stopping at the same DQ.