Timo Perez

bigred3535

What do you think of Timo Perez in the five spot?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Timo Perez in the five spot?

• I hate it
    • I am an idot

I just dont understand the hate for Timo. Yeah his batting average sucks but hes been awesome with runners in scoring position and as clutch as anybody. Just wait till he gets a big pinch hit in the playoffs like he did with the Mets a few years back and then you all can shut up about Timo.

QUOTE(HoosierSox @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 02:49 AM)
I just dont understand the hate for Timo. Yeah his batting average sucks but hes been awesome with runners in scoring position and as clutch as anybody. Just wait till he gets a big pinch hit in the playoffs like he did with the Mets a few years back  and then you all can shut up about Timo.

Timo Perez, with RISP -- 25 ABs, .200/.276/.320.

Timo Perez, with RISP and two outs -- 12 ABs, .250/.308/.333

Timo Perez, Men on, two outs -- 25 ABs, .200/.286/.280

Timo Perez, runners on-base -- 51 ABs, .255/.339/.392

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6568/situational

QUOTE(HoosierSox @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
I just dont understand the hate for Timo. Yeah his batting average sucks but hes been awesome with runners in scoring position and as clutch as anybody. Just wait till he gets a big pinch hit in the playoffs like he did with the Mets a few years back  and then you all can shut up about Timo.

Timo has not proven much in the playoffs other than he has to make sure a ball goes over the wall before he starts trotting around the bases, especially if he's not the one who hit the ball.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
Timo Perez, with RISP -- 25 ABs, .200/.276/.320.

Timo Perez, with RISP and two outs -- 12 ABs, .250/.308/.333

Timo Perez, Men on, two outs -- 25 ABs, .200/.286/.280

Timo Perez, runners on-base -- 51 ABs, .255/.339/.392

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6568/situational

Screw the statistics. you cant deny that hes had some big hits in late innings. Hes done it with the Sox and he did it in the playoffs for the Mets a few years back. Im telling you some of you may have to eat your words when playoff time comes around.

QUOTE(HoosierSox @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Screw the statistics. you cant deny that hes had some big hits in late innings. Hes done it with the Sox and he did it in the playoffs for the Mets a few years back.  Im telling you some of you may have to eat your words when playoff time comes around.

Then perhaps he should take a little trip to the DL for August and September and take him off for October so we can see this playoff magic from Timo.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
Unless he's thrown out at the plate because he's hot dogging it around the bases. :rolly.

I already made a World Series joke :P

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Timo has not proven much in the playoffs other than he has to make sure a ball goes over the wall before he starts trotting around the bases, especially if he's not the one who hit the ball.

Jeez, when we don't like somebody we rip them a new a-hole..I thought maybe Timo might of massacred a small village or something..Then I would go along with the hatred for him..I'm no Timo apologise or care for Timo batting in the 5th hole..gotta put him more in the 8th or 9th hole...but its going to, yeah he sucks bad..to I HATE TIMO..almost like you want to kill the guy...literally kill him..for being not that good.

Don't you think that's a bit ridicules? Earlier in the year it was Crede, then even Hermy got some hate..Cotts was battered also earlier in the year..

But the utter hatred for Timo doesn't make sense..I'm guessing he's a good guy, you see him in the dug out always smiling..keeping things loose..I'm also guessing that's how he is in the clubhouse...

Not saying Timo should play more then once a week in the starting line-up...but to call out hate for the dude is quite ridicules..He's just playing where he's put and trying to help the club..he fails alot of the time..OK...maybe try to question or bring up for some intelligent discussion on why Ozzie puts him in the 5th hole, or why he's on the team..But from what i read its personal with Timo..and I don't think it should come down to that.

Just my opinion