Official game thread for August 10th

Ishmookie

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
a month ago everyone was giving PODS the MVP for the season, in fact he was dubbed the key to our turnaround.  Check yourself on this issue.  Pods is one of the reasons we are who we are, why gooch is so good, and why pitchers fear our lineup at least a little.

I hope you understand that most of the posts are simply stating the reality of what has been happening. I for one am not criticizing just pointing out what is happening with performance. I hope it's just a slump that most all players go into.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
what slide is everyone talking about?? Have I been asleep that long?? Cause i dont remember a losing skid??? Jesus people, havent we learned anything.  This is why we are so good this year.  Offense is streaky, offense slumps, pitching and defense usually do not.  This is why we are still in this game and every game against the yanks.  God!!!

Our pitching has been steller.

But its August now and this offense needs to get a bit more consistant before the postseason. Or it will be 2000 redux. We didnt pitch that bad in 2000, it was a million popups and no clutch hits.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
Our pitching has been steller. 

But its August now and this offense needs to get a bit more consistant before the postseason.  Or it will be 2000 redux.  We didnt pitch that bad in 2000, it was a million popups and no clutch hits.

Frank, Konerko, Ordonez and Lee combined to go 3-40 in the ALDS. Frank and Konerko were 0-18. The one Seattle pitcher who got knocked around a little was Freddy Garcia.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
Yankee pitchers suck, and we've looked pretty bad against them.  5 runs in three games so far.

Yep, Mussina's 4.01 ERA is truly pitiful, so is Chacon's 3.53 (that inclues 7 games at Coors), and Smal'ls 2.77

Look, I'm not defending the offense but don't bash it for dumb s***

How can you compare 2000 and 2005?

An offensive team slumped in 2000 and we lost.

If our pitching slumps in the postseason we will lose.

The difference is this year we are dependent on pitching (notice how the highest paid offense in the league has not even outscored us in this series), not offense.

The constant complaining about offense is ridiculous, thats not our team. If you want to watch a consistent offense, go watch the Rangers, Red Sox, etc. Then cry when they get beat by teams like the A's, White Sox, and Angels.

Its your choice, but with out paying over $100mil you can not have it both ways.

SB

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
The sad thing is if our offense was even par with the middle of the league we would go on a bunch of 10+ game win streaks with this pitching staff.

Could you imagine what it would be like to have the best record in baseball. :o I guess we'll never know.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Yep, Mussina's 4.01 ERA is truly pitiful, so is Chacon's 3.53 (that inclues 7 games at Coors), and Smal'ls 2.77

Are these pitchers that should K large numbers of our team. Are these pitchers that should absolutely shut you down for large amounts of the game. NO.

We should be able to score a few runs off of them. I am not saying that we need to rock them. But when we are looking at less than 3 or 4 hits by say the 5th inning its a worry point.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)

Scrap heap pitchers, besides Mussina. And every one of them lowered their ERA against the Sox. I'd be happy if we hit them to their ERAs.