"The" Griffey Rumor

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Because i could have told you yesterday griffey passed waivers and yet bruce says it today and makes it breaking news and takes all the credit.

Both the Score and ESPN 1000 do that - I heard the Score yesterday on their updates mentioning that 'Ofman is reporting that Griffey cleared waivers and a trade with the White Sox could be possible' as some sort of 'inside info'....

In reality, while they do have some contacts inside the organization, most of their information comes from local newspapers and other Internet sources.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Both the Score and ESPN 1000 do that - I heard the Score yesterday on their updates mentioning that 'Ofman is reporting that Griffey cleared waivers and a trade with the White Sox could be possible' as some sort of 'inside info'....

In reality, while they do have some contacts inside the organization, most of their information comes from local newspapers and other Internet sources.

Yah but they said it YESTERDAY bruce says it TODAY

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Yah but they said it YESTERDAY bruce says it TODAY

My point being that I'm not sure it was breaking news either time - both stations just like to give the impression that their reporters are getting the story first, even if, like in this case, there really isn't a story.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:40 AM)
My point being that I'm not sure it was breaking news either time - both stations just like to give the impression that their reporters are getting the story first, even if, like in this case, there really isn't a story.

Offman seemed to be the first one who said it. Even Gammons today credited a Chicago radio station as saying that Griffey had cleared waivers.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)

I also didnt say that I loved offman and the score

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
I was making fun of bruce you said that offman and the score did it too but i didnt say anything about ofman and the score to make you say that.

I understand you didn't say anything about the Score - I just pointed out that both stations are sometimes full of themselves. I didn't want to single out Bruce Levine without at least mentioning the Score (Ofman) as well....Nothing against what you said, just myself offering that up.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
I understand you didn't say anything about the Score - I just pointed out that both stations are sometimes full of themselves. I didn't want to single out Bruce Levine without at least mentioning the Score (Ofman) as well....Nothing against what you said, just myself offering that up.

I do agree that ofman and the score are bad but there better then bruce IMO

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
I do agree that ofman and the score are bad but there (they're) better then (than)bruce IMO

Can you do me a favor and never correct my spelling or grammar again. Take a look at your post one more time.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
I do agree that ofman and the score are bad but there better then bruce IMO

I think both Offman/Levine know and understand the game, but I think Levine has too much man-love for the players, and both tend to 2nd-hand report rumors like they came up with it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
Can you do me a favor and never correct my spelling or grammar again. Take a look at your post one more time.

They're.

Edit: Nice edit Kalapse.

Perhaps we should discuss Griffey in this thread, just a thought.

Edited by IlliniKrush