"The" Griffey Rumor

LosMediasBlancas

AT ONE POINT I WAS THINKING THAT THIS DEAL WAS FOR SURE FOR THE MOST PART GOING TO HAPPEN. BUT I AM NOW SECOND GUESSING MYSELF AND THINKING THAT WE ARE GETTING OUR HOPES UP FOR NOTHING. IN MY OPINION IF THE SOX REALLY WANTED HIM THEY WOULD OF CLAIMED HIM.... I KNOW THAT MEANS THE SOX WOULD OF GOT STUCK WITH THE WHOLE CONTRACT AND ALL THAT STUFF. BUT AS IT LOOKS NOW THEIR IS TO MUCH OBSTACLES IN THE WAY, BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WE SEND TO CINCI ALSO HAS TO CLEAR WAIVERS AND REALLY ANY ONE OF OUR PROSPECTS THAT ARE GOOD WILL BE CLAIMED.......BUT I STILL HAVE HOPE.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AT ONE POINT I WAS THINKING THAT THIS DEAL  WAS FOR SURE FOR THE MOST PART GOING TO HAPPEN. BUT I AM NOW SECOND GUESSING MYSELF AND THINKING THAT WE ARE GETTING OUR HOPES UP FOR NOTHING. IN  MY OPINION IF THE SOX REALLY WANTED HIM THEY WOULD OF CLAIMED HIM.... I KNOW THAT MEANS THE SOX WOULD OF GOT STUCK WITH THE WHOLE CONTRACT AND ALL THAT STUFF. BUT AS IT LOOKS NOW THEIR IS TO MUCH OBSTACLES IN THE WAY, BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WE SEND TO CINCI ALSO  HAS TO CLEAR WAIVERS AND REALLY ANY ONE OF OUR PROSPECTS THAT ARE GOOD WILL BE CLAIMED.......BUT I STILL HAVE HOPE.

ITS HARD TO READ A POST WHEN IT'S ALL IN CAPS.

QUOTE(spataro51 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
AT ONE POINT I WAS THINKING THAT THIS DEAL  WAS FOR SURE FOR THE MOST PART GOING TO HAPPEN. BUT I AM NOW SECOND GUESSING MYSELF AND THINKING THAT WE ARE GETTING OUR HOPES UP FOR NOTHING. IN  MY OPINION IF THE SOX REALLY WANTED HIM THEY WOULD OF CLAIMED HIM.... I KNOW THAT MEANS THE SOX WOULD OF GOT STUCK WITH THE WHOLE CONTRACT AND ALL THAT STUFF. BUT AS IT LOOKS NOW THEIR IS TO MUCH OBSTACLES IN THE WAY, BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WE SEND TO CINCI ALSO  HAS TO CLEAR WAIVERS AND REALLY ANY ONE OF OUR PROSPECTS THAT ARE GOOD WILL BE CLAIMED.......BUT I STILL HAVE HOPE.

STOP YELLING AT ME!

Seriously though, the Sox are trying to get a trade done without having to claim the entire contract. They are trying to make the trade look better in the long run.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
If Griffey trade happens:  Carl in left, Rowand in center and Griffey as DH

If Griffey trade does not happen: Anderson in left, Rowand in center and Carl as DH

You don't move a potential gold glover from center to appease a player that you want for his bat.  If he vetos the trade because he will be DH, then he isn't good for team with his me-first attitude any way.

Potential gold glover ?... gold glovers dont misjudge balls .. Rowand has done that allot this year. great series vs Yankees.. Gold Glovers do it every series.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
STOP YELLING AT ME!

Seriously though, the Sox are trying to get a trade done without having to claim the entire contract. They are trying to make the trade look better in the long run.

I think, and it seems Olney and Levine are basically saying this, that it's basically up to the Reds owner right now. It seems KGJ would come here and the Sox and the Reds GM have agreed on the terms of a deal. Maybe Sox taking more money would help.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
From froma a gold glover... gold glovers dont misjudge balls .. Rownad has done that allot this year.  greta series vs Yankees.. Gold Glovers do it every series.

Uh, he has, where have you been?

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
You guys hype him to much.  No where near .. Lofton.. Griffey ...Hunter defensive status. He's a solid player.. love his heart.

hahahaha, way to go and name probably 3 of the best CF'ers in our lifetime. His RF was excellent last year, and he continues to improve. He one of the best in the MLB at this point in tracking down balls. Considering this is his SECOND year of playing CF fox the sox, I would say he is way ahead of schedule.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
That's the resign why J.D. Drew now play CF exclusively. His legs can't take the strain from playing the corner OF positions.

Drew only played CF when Bradley was on the DL - now that he's back, Drew was playing RF before getting hurt again.

As to Rowand - him not being in Hunter, old Griffey, and old Lofton's league - that was something I would have said before ST in 2004 - and I would have been dead wrong.

Through his play last year and this year - he is one of (if not, the) best Centerfielders in the game. He does not misjudge balls, he doesn't run weird routes, Rowand is the real deal - and should win the Gold Glove this year.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
By the Way Edmunds way above Rowand as well.

At least when Rowand dives or crashes into a wall, he doesn't grimace, empty dirt out of his jock, and make a public show of his agony as if begging the fans to notice much he just sacrificed himself.

SFF

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
I guess... hail the all Mighty Rowand.  Give me Young or Anderson for the future... you can have Rowand.

That's an idiotic statement. You'd rather have a 21 year old AA CF who has proven s***, hell this is his first real good year in the minors, over Aaron Rowand who has proven to be an above average player on the major league level. A lot of people feel as though Brian Anderson will turn out to be an average to abover average (at best) player in the bigs. Once agian Brian Anderson has not proven anything yet except that he can play in the minors.

You take the proven ML talent, you don't bank on a minor leaguer.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
I guess... hail the all Mighty Rowand.  Give me Young or Anderson for the future... you can have Rowand.

Wow, unproven minor league players vs Rowand???

Rowand Zone Rating #1 MLB 2004 #2 2005

Rowand Range Factor #7 MLB 2004 #8 AL 2005

Put Outs-#7 MLB 2005

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
By the Way Edmunds way above Rowand as well.

Edmonds has also won 7 gold gloves. What exactly is your point. You're comparing Aaron Rowand to some of the best defensive players of all time.

Hey you know who else is better than Rowand, Willie Mays.

QUOTE(spataro51 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)

OUT OF ALL THE PLAYERS MENTIONED IN A POSSIBLE GRIFFEY TRADE (YOUNG, ROGO, LOWER TIER SPECT) THE ONLY PLAYER THAT WOULD HAVE TO CLEAR WAIVERS WOULD BE ROGO. YOUNG AND THE OTHER GUY AREN'T ON THE 40 THERE FOR DO NOT HAVE TO CLEAR WAIVERS. ANYONE THE SOX TRADE FOR GRIFFEY WILL NOT BE ON THE 40 MAN ROSTER.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
Edmonds has also won 7 gold gloves. What exactly is your point. You're comparing Aaron Rowand to some of the best defensive players of all time.

Hey oh...I thought Aaron's nickname was 'Baby Mays'...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)

seriously. :notworthy

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Drew only played CF when Bradley was on the DL - now that he's back, Drew was playing RF before getting hurt again.

There was actually a bit of a feud between the two in spring training about who was going to get CF.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
That's an idiotic statement. You'd rather have a 21 year old AA CF who has proven s***, hell this is his first real good year in the minors, over Aaron Rowand who has proven to be an above average player on the major league level. A lot of people feel as though Brian Anderson will turn out to be an average to abover average (at best) player in the bigs. Once agian Brian Anderson has not proven anything yet except that he can play in the minors.

You take the proven ML talent, you don't bank on a minor leaguer.

Guess why that explains why the Braves keep winning. Organizations need to take chances, if it wasnt for any of them taking chances. You never hear about K-Rod , Jaret Wright (rookie season) , Miguel Cabrerra ( 19 year old ) just to name a few. Be opened minded , average MLB talent.. I'll take my chances with the guy in AA who hanst done anything and the guy in AAA who is going to " be an average to abover average (at best)" in the next year or 2.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
There was actually a bit of a feud between the two in spring training about who was going to get CF.

Oh. I don't remember that. Now this is off-topic, but Bradley is WAY better than Just Disabled Drew in CF. Of course, if the Dodgers have proven anything lately, it's that they're idiots.