Steroid Announcement Friday?

spataro51

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sorry guys, at leat for the moment. I was told their was supposed to be an announcement friday about this and at this point nothing! I have tried to get into contact with my source about this and just a voicemail. This is why i put when i posted this message to "Don't kill the messenger" but we will see what happens maybe later or maybe bud is waiting to let things cool down.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
O.K., the dog just informed me that Willie Harris and Ronan Tynen are the abusers.

This would be a conflicting report due to the information I obtained from my dog that Lou Pinella and Norberto Martin have been suspended.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
This would be a conflicting report due to the information I obtained from my dog that Lou Pinella and Norberto Martin have been suspended.

But I've heard that your dog was once walked by Tynen during it's trpi to Ireland...so there could be an attempted cover-up.

QUOTE(spataro51 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
Well first let me just say that i have been posting again the last few days because i now have a computer again, and it is great to be back seeing all of the old posters still here. Second, what i am posting I was not to mention at all to anyone but i just can't keep a secret and would love to have this all over before old selig has a chance to put it out there. I am just repeating what was told through my source that I have through MLB that works with MLB's press releases.  SO IF I AM NOT CORRECT ABOUT THIS DON"T KILL THE MESSENGER!

I am hearing that 2 of baseballs biggest names will be announced friday after they tested positive for steroids, i guess they appealed just like palmeiro did and that is why it took so long for this to come out. I must also tell you that my source told me about palmeiro testing positive 2 days before they announced it, so i have a reason to believe he is also right this time.  A starting pitcher (old) from the astros and a center fielder from the red sox  have tested positive and they will be announced and suspended come friday. That is all i have and i must say this is a BIG shock especially coming from the astros!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
Not that this makes the whole post kinda smell funny...

QUOTE(spataro51 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)
Hey sorry guys, at leat for the moment. I was told their was supposed to be an announcement friday about this and at this point nothing! I have tried to get into contact with my source about this and just a voicemail. This is why i put when i posted this message to "Don't kill the messenger"  but we will see what happens maybe later or maybe bud is waiting to let things cool down.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!

This is from the Yankee board:

Michael Kay just said on his radio show that there is no truth to any of the rumors. He said he just heard from his source at MLB offices. The source said that there are no big names coming down. That is all Kay said, then he moved on to the Torre discussion.

:(

I still don't trust Bud though, weird how different people (about 3) with different sources had the same rumor, I doubt Selig reads internet message boards, but he probably knows the backlash and he'd probably sweep it under the rug, he's already got his trophy in Palmeiro. Not to mention all of these guys are probably taking human growth hormone anyways...

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
This is from the Yankee board:

:(

I still don't trust Bud though, weird how different people (about 3) with different sources had the same rumor, I doubt Selig reads internet message boards, but he probably knows the backlash and he'd probably sweep it under the rug, he's already got his trophy in Palmeiro. Not to mention all of these guys are probably taking human growth hormone anyways...

Or maybe it all matriculated from the same source, who was inaccurate?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Alright then Steff, you were supposed to know, and since nothing came out, who were the names??

I never offered up names before... and I'm not about to start now.

Additionally, I don't work for MLB nor have I ever seen a test result. My words are the same as any Tom, Dick, Harry... or asshole on a message board, and should be taken as such.

All rumors are rumors until they are confirmed. But rumors like this aren't just pulled out of the air. I'd keep that in mind as, those of you that are, s*** on people who are nice enough to come here and relay things they have heard.

It's not the OP that will end up looking like the ass.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:04 AM)
I never offered up names before... and I'm not about to start now.

Except for when the original poster said "Clemens and Damon" and you said in so many words that "Ferguson Jenkins conversation with Jim sounded a lot like what you said." But no, you never named names.

Additionally, I don't work for MLB nor have I ever seen a test result. My words are the same as any Tom, Dick, Harry... or asshole on a message board, and should be taken as such.

Except for all the names you consistently drop on this board (either to give yourself credibility or make you feel good about yourself).

All rumors are rumors until they are confirmed. But rumors like this aren't just pulled out of the air. I'd keep that in mind as, those of you that are, s*** on people who are nice enough to come here and relay things they have heard.

Oh, and spreading rumors on an Internet board is not a disservice to the people who read it? Look at the length of this thread - people were excited/worked up by this rumor. As one poster noted, the first source for the Clemens & Damon thing was an Internet board, not a media source. You think people don't read these and repeat rumors? It's irresponsible, especially if you "know people."

How do you think Jenkins would feel if he knew you had said "alumni get a lot of info about steroid testing" and that you danced around whether he named names? And don't give us that "I never said anything about what he said" bullcrap. Everyone reading this thread thought that Jenkins had given up names that you weren't revealing.

As far as I'm concerned, the people saying that Clemens and Damon tested positive libeled them.

ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN