Are you IN or OUT?

whitesoxin'

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
:rolly

Can someone link the article stating the "vote" was bulls***...? TIA.

In the mean time...

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=bos

"KANSAS CITY -- The Red Sox face a 30-game test of endurance after Commissioner Bud Selig ruled that the rained-out game of Aug. 14 between Boston and the White Sox will be made up on Sept. 5 at Fenway Park"

Man that sucks. It breaks up the Sox 10-Game homestand, while BOS just gets an extra game in the middle of their homestand. I hope the Sox get a better schedule next year - 20 straight games to close out the season - compared to CLE getting 4 days off in SEP.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
Most ridiculous thread in soxtalk history.

I agree. Last year's In or Out thread was one thing because the Sox were trailing the Twinkies, and still had an outside shot. This year, the Sox have been up by at least 7 games and some were ready to jump ship after some adversity. :headshake

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
The player's were smart to vote to waive playing that makeup game @BOS on Labor Day. 

Hypothetical

WSox 94-67 vs Cle 94-68.  WSox own H2H 10-3. 

IF WC

If WC > WSox then WSox forfeit BOS game & have 1 gm playoff vs Cle.

** It would make no sense to play @BOS when you can host Cle.  If you lose @BOS then you still have to host Cle.

They currenty own the H2H tie-breaker vs CLE & the best rec in the AL.

So right now wrt to WSox the gm @BOS is meaningless.

The players did NOT vote to forfeit the game.

From Reifert's blog:

Yesterday's Report

Just to clarify, our players did not want to "forfeit" the to-be-made-up game with Boston.  The idea is ridiculous.  No one is happy to have to go back to Boston to play the game -- whenever it will be re-scheduled -- but of course we have to go and we will.  MLB would never let the Sox, or any other team for that matter, just decide not to play, thereby influencing another division or wild card race.  It was silly for anyone to even contemplate this happening.  I spoke to an official at MLB today and we were laughing about it (except about all the media calls we received yesterday as a followup to the report and an ESPN Radio commentary).  A makeup date will be announced soon.

You're way behind in the News.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
I agree.  Last year's In or Out thread was one thing because the Sox were trailing the Twinkies, and still had an outside shot.  This year, the Sox have been up by at least 7 games and some were ready to jump ship after some adversity. :headshake

No, you really don't understand what some people were saying. There were about 4 different definition for IN and OUT in this thread. Nobody was saying they're not a fan anymore.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
No, you really don't understand what some people were saying.  There were about 4 different definition for IN and OUT in this thread.  Nobody was saying they're not a fan anymore.

I understand some people were saying they would start following the club again come playoff time because they couldn't deal with the team having a little adversity.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
What do you have against me? We're not going past the first round in the playoffs IMO. It sucks to admit, but it is how I see things.

Thats where your wrong man.............we're going all the way!!!!!!!!!

Edited by the People's Champ

Ive been in ever since I can remember, why would I jump ship now? I will still root for this team no matter what they do, and at this point in time, I believe they will win this division. I dont know how far they will go in the playoffs, but Im not thinking about that yet. Always taking it one thing at a time. GO SOX!!!!! :headbang

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
BUMP

You guys still want to bash me? With that being said, maybe once the playoffs start there is major turnaround and we go on the win the World Series?

Dude, stop. You're not doing yourself much good. Don't s*** on everyone else's parade yet.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
Dude, stop.  You're not doing yourself much good.  Don't s*** on everyone else's parade yet.

I'm just trying to make my point to everyone that ripped on me. Did you just see that double? 5-2. The worst team in Major League Baseball is about to take a series from us.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
I'm just trying to make my point to everyone that ripped on me. Did you just see that double? 5-2. The worst team in Major League Baseball is about to take a series from us.

You've made your point several times since AUGUST 23, THE DAY IT ALL SANK IN. THIS TEAM IS DONE, WE WON'T MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND IF WE DO MANAGE TO HANG ONTO THE DIVISION. We get it, you've given up. Reminding us 500 times isn't really doing anything worthwhile in my book.

All I know is I'm still going to watch and pull for this team until the very last game.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)

:crying :crying :crying :crying

We're all glad that you are proud to be a quitter. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back or anything.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
You've made your point several times since AUGUST 23, THE DAY IT ALL SANK IN. THIS TEAM IS DONE, WE WON'T MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND IF WE DO MANAGE TO HANG ONTO THE DIVISION.  We get it, you've given up.  Reminding us 500 times isn't really doing anything worthwhile in my book. 

All I know is I'm still going to watch and pull for this team until the very last game.

:cheers Im still with this team myself, I have seen very odd things in basball. Anything can happen. I knew that coming on this ride 15 years ago, so why get off now?

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
Good to see you all are still drinking the kool-aid. I really hope the Sox make me eat some major crow, but for now f*** them.

If people were still drinking kool aid that would mean everyone would still be saying '' this is a team of destiny''. Right now there are still a few white sox fans left that are doing nothing more than merely supporting there favorite team.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
If people were still drinking kool aid that would mean everyone would still be saying '' this is a team of destiny''. Right now there are still a few white sox fans left that are doing nothing more than merely supporting there favorite team.

Oh how I hate qwerty. Just don't respond to my posts when I get back if I do and I'll do the same to you.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Good to see you all are still drinking the kool-aid. I really hope the Sox make me eat some major crow, but for now f*** them.

I usually stay out of this, but you know, stop, just stop, okay?

Am I drinking the kool-aid? No. I'm cheering and watching my team play a sport that always brings me joy. Do I want them to choke and lose at the end of the season? No. But I'm going to root for them and believe that they can make the playoffs and that something good will happen until they are mathmatically eliminated or lose a playoff series. It's not about kool-aid or being blind, it's about honestly loving this team and this game and not throwing in the towel when things go badly.

And for the record, if you get this upset about something that happens on a website with people you don't know, you might have a problem.

Oh, and I'm well aware that I'm a b****, so you don't need to tell me. :)

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl