Hurricane Katrina

Heads22

Look, I'm not saying that ya'll haven't done anything, but this political hackery and pointing fingers after meeting these people in the last two days, WHO f***ING CARES. It accomplishes nothing, and there are way too many of you eager to do it on here.

STFU. That's about all I have to say about it.

And yes, I was guilty of it, but that was before yesterday and today. Spend an hour with these people, and you discover nothing else matters.

Edited by kapkomet

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
Look, I'm not saying that ya'll haven't done anything, but this political hackery and pointing fingers after meeting these people in the last two days, WHO f***ING CARES.  It accomplishes nothing, and there are way too many of you eager to do it on here.

STFU.  That's about all I have to say about it.

And yes, I was guilty of it, but that was before yesterday and today.  Spend an hour with these people, and you discover nothing else matters.

I completely agree. Thats why Ive been saying all along.........forget about politics, lets help these people.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Look, I'm not saying that ya'll haven't done anything, but this political hackery and pointing fingers after meeting these people in the last two days, WHO f***ING CARES.  It accomplishes nothing, and there are way too many of you eager to do it on here.

STFU.  That's about all I have to say about it.

And yes, I was guilty of it, but that was before yesterday and today.  Spend an hour with these people, and you discover nothing else matters.

Has back-and-forth on this site ever accomplished anything? I never had any misgivings about the unimportance of a message board in the first place. It's just something to do.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
I completely agree.  Thats why Ive been saying all along.........forget about politics, lets help these people.

Too bad our administration didn't think that way. Always time for fund raising I guess.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Too bad our administration didn't think that way. Always time for fund raising I guess.

Dennis Hastert having to stop off in Indy for a fund raiser really put me off. He wasted no time getting back to DC for Terry Schiavo.

Oh well. No matter what our view/differences, at least it's nice to know we all agree on two things: these people deserve the best help we can provide, and the Jon Garland is the s***.

September 4, 2005

Dear President Bush:

Please show the world that America cares about people and their beloved dogs, cats and other animal companions by immediately directing federal authorities involved in evacuations from New Orleans to stop forcing residents to leave their animals behind.

One elderly woman who had stayed in her water-logged home for five days, soley because the only companion she has left in the world, her dog, could not get out, has been ordered out without her dog. Her world is no world at all now. A child was crying so hard his heart seemed about to break, because his dog was turned away from the bus he was boarding. Helicopter and boat crews sent in to the flooded areas are giving ultimatums to residents to choose between vital medicines and their animals. Abandonment is illegal, this is America. We surely have the wherewithal to rescue both and preserve the image of ourselves as a caring nation?

I beg you to pick up the phone and order federal authorities to start evacuating people with their animals. They cannot be left to starve to death in these United States.

Thank you for your attention.

Yours sincerely,

Rue McClanahan

In Petas perfect world the goverment would evacuate all of the hamsters, kitties, doggies, snakes, spiders, fish before the first person was put on a bus.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
When I get a chance, I believe I'm gonna send 20 bucks to the Red Cross. I can't handle much more, being a college kid and all, but I gotta figure it helps.

i did the same.

every little bit helps

Blanche was never my favorite Golden Girl.

You'd never see Bea Arthur do that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
September 4, 2005

Dear President Bush:

Please show the world that America cares about people and their beloved dogs, cats and other animal companions by immediately directing federal authorities involved in evacuations from New Orleans to stop forcing residents to leave their animals behind.

One elderly woman who had stayed in her water-logged home for five days, soley because the only companion she has left in the world, her dog, could not get out, has been ordered out without her dog. Her world is no world at all now. A child was crying so hard his heart seemed about to break, because his dog was turned away from the bus he was boarding. Helicopter and boat crews sent in to the flooded areas are giving ultimatums to residents to choose between vital medicines and their animals. Abandonment is illegal, this is America. We surely have the wherewithal to rescue both and preserve the image of ourselves as a caring nation?

I beg you to pick up the phone and order federal authorities to start evacuating people with their animals. They cannot be left to starve to death in these United States.

Thank you for your attention.

Yours sincerely,

Rue McClanahan

In Petas perfect world the goverment would evacuate all of the hamsters, kitties, doggies, snakes, spiders, fish before the first person was put on a bus.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
Alright, I got a question. I'd prefer to send cash instead of a check. Did anyone else do that or would have any tips on what to do.

you don't have a debit card?

and to answer your question, check around campus in the following days, i'm sure there'll be someone collecting.

We had people outside the stadium before our game yesterday and they're also scheduled to be walking around our quad sometime this week.

Edited by SnB

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
you don't have a debit card?

and to answer your question, check around campus in the following days, i'm sure there'll be someone collecting.

We had people outside the stadium before our game yesterday and they're also scheduled to be walking around our quad sometime this week.

I've got a credit card but I don't like using it. At all. It's only use is for if I need the cash.

Yah, I've seen some stuff around campus. Maybe the way to go.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Alright, I got a question. I'd prefer to send cash instead of a check. Did anyone else do that or would have any tips on what to do.

The odds are that you'll also be able to go to a grocery store or other local shop & find someone who's collecting cash.

I think it's actually more important in this one for those who are able to donate blood. When the twin towers fell...there was an increase in demand for blood, but probably very little decrease in supply, since there wasn't going to be a major blood donation center in the towers themselves.

However, in this debacle, not only is there going to be a massive increase in demand for blood, there's going to be a huge drop in supply, because every single sanitary donation site in the whole city of New Orleans is shut down. So for the blood supply...this one is probably far worse than 9/11. Givelife.org is the website to set an appointment (Noon thursday for me)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
The odds are that you'll also be able to go to a grocery store or other local shop & find someone who's collecting cash.

I think it's actually more important in this one for those who are able to donate blood.  When the twin towers fell...there was an increase in demand for blood, but probably very little decrease in supply, since there wasn't going to be a major blood donation center in the towers themselves.

However, in this debacle, not only is there going to be a massive increase in demand for blood, there's going to be a huge drop in supply, because every single sanitary donation site in the whole city of New Orleans is shut down.  So for the blood supply...this one is probably far worse than 9/11.  Givelife.org is the website to set an appointment (Noon thursday for me)

In my first aid class there are opportunities to give blood throughout the year, I'll probably hit that up...

got that twenty bucks in my pocket right now.....