Hurricane Katrina

Heads22

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
Its official, I hate politicians.  I don't give a crap about the speeches.  The mayor, the governor, the President, Senators, and Representatives all stood up there and talked.  STFU, grab a shovel and fill sandbags, or go to a distribution point and hand out food and water.

Or perhaps the governor giving them a plan rather than just pray.

Not that I am against religion or anything, but this is not a issue to me. Of course people should pray in times of disaster.

How about stepping up with a plan or some sort of organization of sorts other than the mass chaos that is still transpiring down there. I really feel sorry that these people are under such terrible leadership from the governor and mayor down there. It's just flat out embarassing to me.

Someone needs to step up, outline a plan of action and get to work. Telling people to pray ain't gonna get the job done, period.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
nitwit.jpg

i really hope that's superimposed

btw i dont think anyone should be knocking the mayor - he's been working his ass off. the others - yes they should be verbally raped, but not the mayor. listen to the soundbytes, you'll agree

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
nitwit.jpg

I'd like to sing you a little song that my dear friend YASY wrote last night and posted oj Soxtalk

To the tune of "The City of New Orleans" by Steve Goodman:

Praying for the City of New Orleans,

Hammered by that damned ol' hurricane

If the wind and rain wasn't bad enough,

The levee broke and in poured Ponchatrain.

All in the southland jewel we knew

The water keeps on coming through

Rising up over houses, cars and stores.

Flooding sites with well known names,

Bourbon Street's flooded just the same

So's the gravesite of old Marie Laveau.

Please help us America, Where are you?

Don't forget us we're your native sons,

We are dying in The City of New Orleans,

Another five hundred gone when the day is done.

Suffling along with the old folks and the children.

Where we going? Ain't no one got a clue.

Dragging plastic bags holding our possessions

Oh Lord, tell us, what're we gonna do?.

Well, the cops are flat out helpless

And the politicians too

While ruthless gangs rob, rape, kill and steal.

Mothers with their babes a-dying,

While ducking all the bullets flying

Thirsty scared and hungry is all we feel.

Please help us America, Where are you?

Don't forget us we're your native sons,

We are dying in The City of New Orleans,

Another five hundred gone when the day is done.

Nighttime in The City of New Orleans,

There's no future here that I can see.

Way it's goin', we'll be dead by morning

This Louisiana nightmare it seems,

will be the death of me.

And all I saw today seems

To fade into a bad dream

And those in charge still ain't got a clue.

The president spouts his crap again,

The refugees will keep on dyin'.

This place's got the disappear-in-history blues.

So tell us, America, Where were you?

You forsaked us, each and every one.

I'm the place they called The City of New Orleans,

But after two hundred years or so, I'm gone.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
i really hope that's superimposed

btw i dont think anyone should be knocking the mayor - he's been working his ass off.  the others - yes they should be verbally raped, but not the mayor.  listen to the soundbytes, you'll agree

right, how could anyone cry with the President singing to them

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
29 babies were taken from N.O.. hospitals and moved to Baton Rouge hospitals. They're all doing fine. The is the ONLY piece of good news I've heard about this tragedy.

I just heard an interview with a mother whose 3 week old infant was in a NO hospital, now she cannot find her baby and officials can not tell her anything. :headshake I would be out of my mind and possibly shooting at helicopters if my baby was missing and no one could get me an answer to where they evacuated a hospital to. How can you not keep track of a hospital?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
Kanye West just said that President Bush doesn't care about black people on NBC's fundraiser.  I think we are going to see a lot of comments along those lines in the next few days whether they are warranted or not.

:rolly :rolly :rolly

Kanye West is clueless.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
:rolly  :rolly  :rolly

Kanye West is clueless.

Never said he wasn't, I'm just getting ready for a lot of race discourse to take place in the next few days and weeks and there are a lot of people who feel the same way Kanye does.

Is any one else concerned that with this sentiment being shared by many that race relations may sour in parts of the country?

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE(winodj @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
The mayor governor and President deserve equal blame for failing to adequately prepare rescue efforts.

From what I hear the mayor is about the only hero in politcs from this. He's going to become America's mayor, like Rudy.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
I really dislike it when someone with an obvious extreme political agenda actually has some decent ammunition to fire. He does do a nice job of listing what happened.

It just doesn't seem fair to blame Bush this much for the problem. But much like Bilandic had his snow storm, Bush has this. I now have a better understanding of those 3rd world relief efforts and how a small number of citizens make things worse for the majority.

Im tired of that son of a b**** running his f***ing mouth all the time. Its always the white mans fault for everything. Its always Bush's fault. You listen to that piece of s*** youd think Katrina was a government conspiracy to wipe out black people in that area.

If he wants to cry about something how bout directing some of that nasty rhetoric toward those f***ing savages who are roaming the streets raping women, shooting survivors, looting and shooting at relief workers. Those people need to be hunted down and executed.

I had my trusty Carolina Hurricanes hat on while working out today. I kept getting these funny looks. I didn't even think about "that" when I grabbed that hat to wear today (it is usually between that and my Florida Everblades hat).

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
Im tired of that son of a b**** running his f***ing mouth all the time.  Its always the white mans fault for everything.  Its always Bush's fault.  You listen to that piece of s*** youd think Katrina was a government conspiracy to wipe out black people in that area. 

If he wants to cry about something how bout directing some of that nasty rhetoric toward those f***ing savages who are roaming the streets raping women, shooting survivors, looting and shooting at relief workers.  Those people need to be hunted down and executed.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
I wish everybody would drop f***ing politics concerning this and focus on helping people....

But some people in the media, etc. can't handle that...

I agree, there will plenty of time for finger pointing later. Meanwhile, reporters have gotten in and out, politicians have gotten in and out, Hollywood starst have gotten in and out and now even the military is getting in and out, but N.O. residents are still stranded there, dying.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
Im tired of that son of a b**** running his f***ing mouth all the time.  Its always the white mans fault for everything.  Its always Bush's fault.  You listen to that piece of s*** youd think Katrina was a government conspiracy to wipe out black people in that area. 

If he wants to cry about something how bout directing some of that nasty rhetoric toward those f***ing savages who are roaming the streets raping women, shooting survivors, looting and shooting at relief workers.  Those people need to be hunted down and executed.

I love this post, very well said and I agree 100% :notworthy :usa

and this goes out to Australia for the generous donation. :aussie:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Kanye West just said that President Bush doesn't care about black people on NBC's fundraiser.  I think we are going to see a lot of comments along those lines in the next few days whether they are warranted or not.

Saying Bush doesn't care about black people is completely ridiculous but I think it's also ridiculous to think the situation wouldn't have been different had the majority of the NO population been Natalee Holloways.