September Boost

The Ginger Kid

From sox website:

New arrivals: The White Sox plan on adding catcher Raul Casanova, first baseman Ross Gload and left-handed reliever David Sanders from Charlotte when rosters officially expand to 40 on Thursday. Switch-hitting outfielder Joe Borchard, outfielder Brian Anderson and right-handed reliever Jeff Bajenaru will join the team on Tuesday, Sept. 6.

The Sox definitely need some kind of spark and I think this crew could provide a nice lift for a pretty tired line up. I got a funny feeling Borchard might have figured it out. Finally!

bring it cleveland :fight

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
LOL

Casanova = Spanish for CRAP

Sanders = another way to say Kevin Walker

Borchard = LOL

Anderson and Baj are players, but they're not exactly going to carry you to the promised land. I think Anderson may have blown his wad already with that game in Seattle.

who said anything about these guys "carrying us to the promised land"? They ain't calling up Bonds, Pujols and Wagner. :huh:

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
I got a funny feeling Borchard might have figured it out. Finally!

bring it cleveland  :fight

uh, dude, that was on you 666th post

not good.

not good

well, it is good i dont believe in subpersions or numerology.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
didn't you predict that BMac would get shelled yesterday?  :D

Along with half the board. But if you think Borchard is gonna somehow be good, you go right ahead and believe that. He sucks. I bet even he knows it. And if you think those minor league players are going to help us when we're already in the middle of blowing a gigantic division lead, you go right ahead and believe that, too.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
Along with half the board.  But if you think Borchard is gonna somehow be good, you go right ahead and believe that.  He sucks.  I bet even he knows it.  And if you think those minor league players are going to help us when we're already in the middle of blowing a gigantic division lead, you go right ahead and believe that, too.

Fair enough. Don't forget that he might be able to tryout for the Bears QB job while he's in town, solidifying his savior status.

I only suggested they might offer a spark. And that this team desperately needs a spark. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing LTP pinch hitting for Tmo or Willie or Blum late in a game when the Sox need a long ball. Maybe that's delusional.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
Fair enough. Don't forget that he might be able to tryout for the Bears QB job while he's in town, solidifying his savior status.

I only suggested they might offer a spark. And that this team desperately needs a spark. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing LTP pinch hitting for Tmo or Willie or Blum late in a game when the Sox need a long ball. Maybe that's delusional.

If there's a righty pitcher, Timo won't get pinched hit for, no matter who's on the bench.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
If there's a righty pitcher, Timo won't get pinched hit for, no matter who's on the bench.

Yeah, my point was along these lines, though I didn't state it very well.

Ross Gload is the only player on that list who could make any significant impact, but we know he's going to be lower on the depth chart than Timo Perez.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
Yeah, my point was along these lines, though I didn't state it very well.

Ross Gload is the only player on that list who could make any significant impact, but we know he's going to be lower on the depth chart than Timo Perez.

I understand what you're saying, but until now Ozzie hasn't had many choices sitting on that bench to go to instead of Timo (how pathetic is that?). I can only hope you're wrong.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
Half those guys don't deserve it. Casanova over Burke, please....I'm sure Jamie hasn't forgotten how to catch.

I agree. I really don't know what is going on with this organization right now....but I have NO faith in them to make the proper decisions right now.

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard Burke will be called up when the AAA season ends on September 5th, along with Brian Anderson.

Also, we have all been hearing Casanova was going to get called up for awhile now. No real surprise.

EDIT: Ignore the the first part. There was talk of this before, but now I just reread the original article, so it aint going to happen.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)
I could be wrong, but I thought I heard Burke will be called up when the AAA season ends on September 5th, along with Brian Anderson.

Also, we have all been hearing Casanova was going to get called up for awhile now. No real surprise.

EDIT: Ignore the the first part. There was talk of this before, but now I just reread the original article, so it aint going to happen.

Anderson and Bajenaru were both reassigned to Charlotte earlier this week and have to stay down for 10 days or until the respective Minor League season ends before returning to the Majors. The Knights' 2005 campaign closes out on Monday.

A space will have to be made for either Casanova or Sanders on the 40-man roster, with the White Sox currently sitting at 39. It appears that both catcher/third baseman Jamie Burke and reliever Jon Adkins were passed over as reserves for the stretch drive.