White Sox VS. Red SOX -Game thread (Sep 5th)

kman

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
The NESN broadcasters just thought B-Mac's change looked like a screwball.

hmmm.....well his grip is quasi screwball, but it moved more like a typical change down and actually broke away from the righty on that last pitch....espn showed it on kzone

f*** you scott Podsednik!

I want a real left fielder

I agree. Im really starting to doubt Podsedniks value. 55 stolen bases is great but it only means anything if those SBs translate into runs. Podsednik has only scored 68 runs, which over 162 games turns into 105 runs. El Caballo could have done that. Carl Crawford and all the other bigtime base stealers have lots of runs scored. And some of those guys actually manage to have atleast a small bit of power! Im not looking for 30 homeruns from Pods, but Crawford has 13 homers, 72 RBIs, 39 SBs and a higher BA than Pods. Chone Figgins has 6 homers, 46 RBIs and a higher BA. Pods is not as great as we make him out to be.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 03:04 AM)
I agree. Im really starting to doubt Podsedniks value. 55 stolen bases is great but it only means anything if those SBs translate into runs. Podsednik has only scored 68 runs, which over 162 games turns into 105 runs. El Caballo could have done that. Carl Crawford and all the other bigtime base stealers have lots of runs scored. And some of those guys actually manage to have atleast a small bit of power! Im not looking for 30 homeruns from Pods, but Crawford has 13 homers, 72 RBIs, 39 SBs and a higher BA than Pods. Chone Figgins has 6 homers, 46 RBIs and a higher BA. Pods is not as great as we make him out to be.

Could that be because of the guys behind him perhaps?

I'm not that familliar with pitch grips, but I think a circle change gets it's name from the formation of a circle by the Index finger and Thumb on the side of the ball. --

McCarthy's change

Looks like McCarthy gets his middle finger to be part of the 'circle' too. Whether that makes it a screwball, I don't know?