Capn12

Info courtesy of MLB.com:

Mike Wood, RHP (4-5, 3.84)

Royals (44-92)

@

Jose Contreras, RHP (10-7, 4.06)

White Sox (86-51)

Scouting Report:

Dodging all kinds of bullets, Wood managed to throw six scoreless innings against the Twins in his last start. He gave up eight hits and two walks and hit a batter but benefited from three double plays and stranded eight runners. That's Wood, though. He's a tough competitor and when he gets 13 outs via ground balls, as he did against the Twins, good things happen.

The White Sox's most erratic pitcher early in the season has surprisingly become the most consistent performer of late for Chicago. Contreras comes into the start on a three-game winning steak. The key to his most recent success? The right-hander hasn't given up a walk in any of those three outings, helping to limit his pitch count and keeping trouble at bay. Next up for Contreras is facing the Royals, whom he has been impressive against this season -- giving up only two runs on five hits in his two starts against them.

I'm 4-0 in starting gamethreads this year, and I have confidence in Contreras to keep my unbeated roll alive! Shut em down Jose!! :headbang

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda hoping for a slightly larger crowd today. Something has to be done about the Royals, we only drew 14,600 yesterday?

If I would've known the crowd was going to be that small, I definitely would have gone to the game.

Lets get another win tonight!!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
Here's my lineup prediction:

Pods, Ozuna, Rowand, PK, AJP, Dye, Gload, Uribe, Harris

I'm still waiting for Dye to get a shot hitting in the 3 hole but I won't hold my breath. Carl is not our best hitter so he shouldn't hit 3rd.

That being said, Sox win their 7th in a row....easily.

:bringit

Let's keep your "No walks in the past 3 starts" streak alive, Jose.

Let's keep the "Undefeated at Home v. the Royals" streak, alive, Jose.

Let's keep the winning streak alive, Jose.

Let's get the Magic number down to at least 15, Jose.

Sorry for being greedy. :P

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
Info courtesy of MLB.com:

Mike Wood, RHP (4-5, 3.84)

Royals (44-92) 

Jose Contreras, RHP (10-7, 4.06)

White Sox (86-51) 

Scouting Report:

Dodging all kinds of bullets, Wood managed to throw six scoreless innings against the Twins in his last start. He gave up eight hits and two walks and hit a batter but benefited from three double plays and stranded eight runners. That's Wood, though. He's a tough competitor and when he gets 13 outs via ground balls, as he did against the Twins, good things happen.

The White Sox's most erratic pitcher early in the season has surprisingly become the most consistent performer of late for Chicago. Contreras comes into the start on a three-game winning steak. The key to his most recent success? The right-hander hasn't given up a walk in any of those three outings, helping to limit his pitch count and keeping trouble at bay. Next up for Contreras is facing the Royals, whom he has been impressive against this season -- giving up only two runs on five hits in his two starts against them.

I'm 4-0 in starting gamethreads this year, and I have confidence in Contreras to keep my unbeated roll alive! Shut em down Jose!!  :headbang

I love your unbeated streak :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
Pods, LF

Ozuna, 3B

Everett, DH

PK, 1B

Rowand, CF

Dye, RF

AJ, C

Uribe, SS

Harris, 2B

Contreras, RHP

Welcome back, AJ :headbang

Have a night for your new little girl.