Official NFL General Discussion Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
Chris Simms sucks.  He's completely living off of his dad's reputation.  He had about 4 drives to score something in the last 8 minutes of the game in Redskins' territory, and he choked it up.

that one pass was about as perfect as a pass can get, not his fault his reciever bobbled it.

note: i'm not saying he's good, but he's not awful.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
that one pass was about as perfect as a pass can get, not his fault his reciever bobbled it.

note: i'm not saying he's good, but he's not awful.

Then he went right ahead and missed a wide open receiver on the next play. The thing that pissed me off was that none of the postgame guys would really criticize him. I guess his daddy knows them too well.

Why is it I think the only team that really has a shot to beat NE before the Super Bowl is the Colts?

Hey Jax, you want to talk about no respect for you? Yeah...don't fall down 28-3 to the Pats in the 1st round of the playoffs. You have to earn respect befroe you talk about it.

If the Colts can't get past these guys this year...then the Colts may need to just spend 4-5 years rebuilding and try to win during the twilight of Peyton's career, like the Broncos with Elway.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
what was the line on the game?  There's no way NE would even come close to losing this one.

Most places it was Pats -7.5/8. I took them -8 cause I thought they'd win by 10, I didn't expect 25.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 06:16 PM)
I think the Broncos can beat the Pats too but yeah no one who was sane would of picked the Jags to beatem.

Even though the Broncos will probably go in favorites, I still like the Pats here. Willie Mcguniest was a MONSTER today. If he has another game like that against Jake Plummer, the Broncos are in trouble.

Not to mention, the Broncos strength on defense isn't their pass coverage. Should be a great game though if it happens.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
Even though the Broncos will probably go in favorites, I still like the Pats here. Willie Mcguniest was a MONSTER today. If he has another game like that against Jake Plummer, the Broncos are in trouble.

Not to mention, the Broncos strength on defense isn't their pass coverage. Should be a great game though if it happens.

Yeah but the Jags O-Line as a whole was really outmatched the entire game.... Denver has a much better O-Line and running game. Also unlike Leftwich who is a statue Plummer can move around so that just helps the O-Line even more. I think it would be a much better game at the very least.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 03:50 AM)

I think NE might be favored and I don't see Denver standing a shot against the Pats but that's obviously jmo.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
Yeah but the Jags O-Line as a whole was really outmatched the entire game.... Denver has a much better O-Line and running game.  Also unlike Leftwich who is a statue Plummer can move around so that just helps the O-Line even more.  I think it would be a much better game at the very least.

But if you can get pressure on Jake, he's shown that he'll have his fair share of mistakes still. And that'll be the key for New England this game, getting pressure on Jake Plummer. And with their defense, I like their chances, even though the Broncos D-Line is still one of the better in the league.

When we played them on Thanksgiving, with our 3-4 system, we did get pressure on Plummer quite a bit, and he threw his 1st INT in quite a while. Not saying it will happen again, but if the Pats can stop the run of Denver, that'll put Denver in a lot more passing and 3rd down situations, which will help them send multiple guys, and mix up the coverages which they're so good at.

Yeah Pats are definitely the favorites... but its in Denver which is a big advantage in itself and unlike the Jags I consider the Broncos a very good team.... and they have a much better O-Line. When he was able to pass Leftwich was picking apart the Pats secondary at least when I watched.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
As a Bears fan - Go Giants!

The Giants scare the absolute hell out of me as a Bears fan. Tiki Barber = AMAZING and I do think the Bears have a weakness when it comes to the run. I know it hasn't necessarily shown at times, but if you can run outside you can have some sort of success (ie Samkon Gado).

But I guess I'm the only one who was worried at how easily the Packers shredded our defense (not once, but twice). Luckily we were able to force some turnovers. However, we did whoop the Falcons but that isn't saying much considering they absolutely folded down the stretch.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 10:06 AM)
hehe

Don't worry, aside from that awful USC-UCLA pick, I'm pretty accurate when it comes to football. Of course I'll probably jinx myself and stink it up here.

I will admit I was downright atrocious during this bowl run. But this year I've flat out owned in my NFL picks contest with my dad (against the spread). I'm at 64% right on the year (don't ask me how either cause I started the year horrid).