Official NFL General Discussion Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
As a Bears fan - Go Giants!

meh, i could see both teams beating us and us beating both teams. It's kind of a toss up.

Yes, the panthers have a better D, but the giants have a better O.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
Don't worry, aside from that awful USC-UCLA pick, I'm pretty accurate when it comes to football.  Of course I'll probably jinx myself and stink it up here. 

I will admit I was downright atrocious during this bowl run.  But this year I've flat out owned in my NFL picks contest with my dad (against the spread).  I'm at 64% right on the year (don't ask me how either cause I started the year horrid).

you know what, in the fall when i was betting pretty constantly, i ended up making a 10 dollar profit after about 4 months of fluctuating, :lol:

Guess it was alot of luck because i'm downright awful when i post on here.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 10:16 AM)
you know what, in the fall when i was betting pretty constantly, i ended up making a 10 dollar profit after about 4 months of fluctuating, :lol:

Guess it was alot of luck because i'm downright awful when i post on here.

Nah, I think you tend to make more bold predictions. If you see the chance of an upset your willing to pick it, yet if you were gambling or something was on the line you'd be a little more conservative. But you are well known on here. I bet people have strategies on betting, if you predict it, take the opposite and you should be in good shape :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
The Giants scare the absolute hell out of me as a Bears fan.  Tiki Barber = AMAZING and I do think the Bears have a weakness when it comes to the run.  I know it hasn't necessarily shown at times, but if you can run outside you can have some sort of success (ie Samkon Gado). 

But I guess I'm the only one who was worried at how easily the Packers shredded our defense (not once, but twice).  Luckily we were able to force some turnovers.  However, we did whoop the Falcons but that isn't saying much considering they absolutely folded down the stretch.

I especially like the way our corners match up with the Giants WR's.

Also the Giants LB's are decimated which should bode well for TJ.

Eli is continually playing worse and worse. His season has gotten crappier and crappier and now its accumulated in one giant piece of crap game in the playoffs.

Why oh why did I give the Giants any credit. I should have remember how bad Eli has played the past few weeks (especially in terms of throwing picks).

He just got a PI call to take away a pick but 17-0 drubbing thus far.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
Looks like Eli inherted the Manning family playoff gene (and this is coming from a Giants fan). :banghead

I haven't even seen him throw to Shockey (although I've zoned out as this game has gotten worse and worse).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
I haven't even seen him throw to Shockey (although I've zoned out as this game has gotten worse and worse).

Why would he do that when Marlon McCree is clearly wide open?

As a Bears fan I'll say one thing. This is a far better Carolina team than the Bears played earlier in the year (although Carolina was on a big winning streak when we saw them).

The defense is playing great and they have realized that a semi healthy Deshaun Foster is there best back (with the ocassional dose of Gowens).

You guys really thing the Panthers are going to lay another egg against the Bears? The Bears offense better show up.

I think the Bears matched up better against the Giants or Bucs (young QBs).

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
You guys really thing the Panthers are going to lay another egg against the Bears?  The Bears offense better show up.

I think the Bears matched up better against the Giants or Bucs (young QBs).

I think the Panthers will win. They'll be better prepared this time in Chicago.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
I think the Panthers will win. They'll be better prepared this time in Chicago.

If you're going to beat the Bears, you need to have a damn good O-Line. While Carolina has a respectable offensive line, they could never hope to contain the trio of Tommie Harris, Alex Brown, and Adawale Ogunleye.

Remember, we sacked Jake 8 times in that game. Unless they suddenly acquire Willie Roaf and Alen Faneca, I think that we'll see more of the same.

After seeing the Jags and Giants lose im so glad we have a very good O-Line.... both those teams O-Line was just horrible and the other team was constantly in the QB's face.....It seems in the playoffs the only team who can win w/ a makeshift O-Line is the Pats.

This is the team I wanted to play. I feel we match up much better with the Panthers. However, those who are acting as if this is a guarantee because of what happened in week 11 might be setting themselves up for dissapointment. This is a different Panther team than when we played them. They're running the ball very well at the moment. That's something they weren't doing before. And, anytime you can go on the road and pitch a shut-out in a playoff game, you know you're defense is pretty damn good.

I still expect the Bears to win this one at home. But it's not gonna be easy in the least.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
If you're going to beat the Bears, you need to have a damn good O-Line.  While Carolina has a respectable offensive line, they could never hope to contain the trio of Tommie Harris, Alex Brown, and Adawale Ogunleye.

Remember, we sacked Jake 8 times in that game.  Unless they suddenly acquire Willie Roaf and Alen Faneca, I think that we'll see more of the same.

I'm positive there won't be another 8 sack performance against the Panthers this time. Maybe I'll be eating my words in a week, but I'm guessing not.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
I'm positive there won't be another 8 sack performance against the Panthers this time. Maybe I'll be eating my words in a week, but I'm guessing not.

The Panthers may be a little better prepared next week, but the Bears also changed QBs since their last meeting, and their D-line isnt going to be pinning their ears back and coming all out against Rex like they did to Orton, they know Rex can beat them. I think both teams evened the playing ground since they last met, and its gonna be a great game.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
The Panthers may be a little better prepared next week, but the Bears also changed QBs since their last meeting, and their D-line isnt going to be pinning their ears back and coming all out against Rex like they did to Orton, they know Rex can beat them.  I think both teams evened the playing ground since they last met, and its gonna be a great game.

It will be, but if I remember right the Bears manhandled the Panthers last meeting and I'm sure that won't happen again.