Official NFL General Discussion Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
True. I use to despise the Chiefs but it became hard to hate them after Marty left and one of the nicest coaches in the game( Vermeil) went there. Plus I like Penn State football so its nice to see Larry do so well. I do think that fantasy sports can diminish hatred for a team (along with seeing your team win it all). So I no longer hate the Chiefs. I do hate the Raiders though

It's amazing how much fantasy football has changed how people root for certain teams/players. I don't hate the Broncos but I obviously don't like them. Right now for some reason the team I team I dislike the most are the Chargers, they just seem like punks to me for some reason.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
They're saying on Sporting News radio that Bailey appeared to have fumbled the ball into the end zone and not the 1 yard line and that the ref who made the "out at the 1" call was too far away from the play to make it correctly.

Doesn't surprise me, I thought it was out but it was very close to tell. The pass interference call and no touchback call against New England really hurt them, but most of all they hurt themselves.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)
Doesn't surprise me, I thought it was out but it was very close to tell. The pass interference call and no touchback call against New England really hurt them, but most of all they hurt themselves.

It was great to see the Patriots beat themselves for once instead of their opponents constantly beating themselves.

Kasay in the superbowl? I was so pissed at that.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
It was great to see the Patriots beat themselves for once instead of their opponents constantly beating themselves.

Kasay in the superbowl?  I was so pissed at that.

Yeah, it just goes to show anyone that any team can collapse like that and beat themselves.

It probably was a fumble in the endzone but I don't think it can be argued that any replay shown during the telecast had irrefutable evidence. It was kind of hard to tell because Champ's arm swung forward on the hit and it had an odd trajectory. Yeah i really dislike the Chargers. I think its because they were getting undeserved credit all year for losing games oddly when you shouldn't get credit for losing so much. An example of that is how guys like Peter King had them ranked as a top 2 team most of the season despite having lost several games

haha yeah I know. Many kept saying the Chargers were great but I never thought they were that great all year long, and they showed it especially in the last few weeks. And yes there wasn't a single good angle to tell for sure whether or not the ball went into the endzone.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
He would not have gotten any protection at all with the Bills, because their O-Line was constantly terrible.  He may very well have wound up hurt.

Hey Balta, I'd just thought I'd show you this stat;

Dallas would love such a problem. Its tackles, Rob Petitti and Torrin Tucker ignomimiously ranked first and second among NFL linemen this year in sacks allowed. (Scroll down.)

No doubt Buffalo's Offensive Line was terible this season (wasn't Mike Williams a waste of a draft pick), but losing Flozell Adams basically killed our season. I think if we still had him healthy, we could very well still be alive in the playoffs today, but that's JMHO.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
Hey Balta, I'd just thought I'd show you this stat;

No doubt Buffalo's Offensive Line was terible this season (wasn't Mike Williams a waste of a draft pick), but losing Flozell Adams basically killed our season. I think if we still had him healthy, we could very well still be alive in the playoffs today, but that's JMHO.

You would of been in the playoffs if it wasnt for your stupid late game meltdowns.,.... first Washington game, the Seahawks when Bledsoe threw that int........ had to be 1-2 others.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
You would of been in the playoffs if it wasnt for your stupid late game meltdowns.,.... first Washington game, the Seahawks when Bledsoe threw that int........ had to be 1-2 others.

Yeah, which showed really what a tough season it was for us, Besides that terible performance in Washington, we were never blown out of a game, and we played a LOT of good teams this season.

Still hopefully we can fill some needs thru the draft.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 14, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
To clear the road for a Colts Super Bowl?

I think a Broncos-Colts matchup would be fun....need to take car of Pitt first, of course.

I still remember that ass-whooping the Colts laid on the Bronco's a couple years ago in the playoffs.

Got to give the Bronco's credit. Patriots played very un Patriot like, but I'm gonna give that credit to the Bronco's defense. That said this game was much closer than the score cause New England was able to move the ball at will, they just couldn't hold onto it.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
I hate the Steelers and Colts equally so I'm hoping for an upset.  It would be funny to see the most hyped up team lose their first playoff game.

I don't think people have the Colts on that pedestal you're thinking of. A lot of people have doubts, since they haven't played a meanable game in a month. The Steelers have been in playoff-mode since the Week 12 or so.

The spread's at 9.5. I've been saying the Colts beat the spread, or they lose.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
I don't think people have the Colts on that pedestal you're thinking of.  A lot of people have doubts, since they haven't played a meanable game in a month.  The Steelers have been in playoff-mode since the Week 12 or so. 

The spread's at 9.5.  I've been saying the Colts beat the spread, or they lose.

Greasy, I just want to say thanks. I now know someone else can ocassionally create words like meanable. Your my hero :drink

I really just wanted to see what it felt like to correct someone else for a change :lol:

I don't think people have the Colts on that pedestal you're thinking of.  A lot of people have doubts, since they haven't played a meanable game in a month.  The Steelers have been in playoff-mode since the Week 12 or so. 

The spread's at 9.5.  I've been saying the Colts beat the spread, or they lose.

That's not what I've been hearing on sports radio. Everyone is saying that the Steelers won't be able to stop Peyton and they would have to play a perfect game to win. In other words, it's very unlikely. Everyone is picking the Colts from what I've heard.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
Greasy, I just want to say thanks.  I now know someone else can ocassionally create words like meanable.  Your my hero  :drink

I really just wanted to see what it felt like to correct someone else for a change :lol:

i guess i'm rubbing off on him.

i still get called out sometimes because i said "we lossed" way back when.