Cleveland vs. Chicago 09/21/05 7:05PM CT

S720

Since this game is over, check out the mlb.com standings. Kind of interesting stuff. THe only teams to play really good baseball over the last ten games are the Yanks and the Tribe as they are 8-2 and the only ones with 7 or more wins. CHeck out the NL. Virutally every team is either 4-6, 5-5, or 6-4 over the last ten. Goofy stuff going on

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
The lead is 2.5. We play 2 crappy teams, then Cleveland. If they gain a game a series (really a game 1/2 in one) they would only tie us. So if they want to win the division they pretty much avhe to win 6 out of 7, then at least 2/3./

I think the Indians will lose 3 more games, at the most, this season. They're just on a sensational run. It was obvious this series that their offense is just so much more focused at the plate than the Sox. I'm just grateful we won last night.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
The lead is 2.5. We play 2 crappy teams, then Cleveland. If they gain a game a series (really a game 1/2 in one) they would only tie us. So if they want to win the division they pretty much avhe to win 6 out of 7, then at least 2/3./

A crappy team is gonna hand us a loss tomorrow ( santana pitching).

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Agreed.  I think a lot of people have finally been pushed over the ledge when it comes to stop supporting him.

Alot of people have got.. not sure of the word, but "too used" to winning games, and when the Sox lose anything, the finger is pointed at Ozzie, even if it isnt his fault.

Im not pissed at Ozzie because I realize that the White Sox have 91 wins, something only 1 other team in baseball has, and the reason they have 91 wins? Ozzie Guillen.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
I think the Indians will lose 3 more games, at the most, this season.  They're just on a sensational run.  It was obvious this series that their offense is just so much more focused at the plate than the Sox.  I'm just grateful we won last night.

If they lose 3 more games they are toast.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
I think the Indians will lose 3 more games, at the most, this season.  They're just on a sensational run.  It was obvious this series that their offense is just so much more focused at the plate than the Sox.  I'm just grateful we won last night.

They hit line drives, the work counts, they foul off 2 strike pitches.

our offense, dips the back shoulder, trys to elevate, has no plate discipline, and doesnt shorten their swings up.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:11 AM)
Alot of people have got.. not sure of the word, but "too used" to winning games, and when the Sox lose anything, the finger is pointed at Ozzie, even if it isnt his fault.

Im not pissed at Ozzie because I realize that the White Sox have 91 wins, something only 1 other team in baseball has, and the reason they have 91 wins?  Ozzie Guillen.

If you're going to give Ozzie all the praise for 91 wins, then you have to give him all the blame for potentially blowing a 15 game lead on August 1st.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:11 AM)

Im not pissed at Ozzie because I realize that the White Sox have 91 wins, something only 1 other team in baseball has, and the reason they have 91 wins?  Ozzie Guillen.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
I still havent seen you post a positive thing in these game threads.

Granted, not much to post positive about right now, but come on.  Show some sort of support once in awhile.

We need to play better baseball for me to be positive. Right now, the way we are playing, i think it is o.k. if i am negative along with any other fan if they want to. Just because we are 31 games over .500 ( after tonight) doesn't mean everything is perfectly fine... because it is rather the opposite.

If you dislike my posts so much there is always the option to put my posts on ignore.

damn i wish comcast didn't fix the problem. this is pathetic. it looks like our playoff destiny will be that final series in Cleveland after all. Its not like they will lose a game vs KC- so thats 4 in a row there. And you figure we will most likely split with Minny. So the lead will be .5 by the time we play Detroit. We will win 3/4 vs Detroit. And Cleveland will win 2/3 vs Tampa. So our lead will be a full game by the time we play Cleveland for the final series of the year. YIKES!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
If you're going to give Ozzie all the praise for 91 wins, then you have to give him all the blame for potentially blowing a 15 game lead on August 1st.

Ozzie built this team to his liking, and no one expected them to be that good in the first half of the year. I didnt get my hopes up, which is why when they play .500 ball, I dont get upset and blame Ozzie for everything.

And yea, I do think Ozzie should get some blame for this letdown, but come on. Its not his fault the players dont execute.