Official Gamethread 9/27

Ishmookie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
If we win 2, we're guaranteed at least a play-in game.  There's a very minimal, minimal chance they force a play-in game if they win one game the rest of the way.  If they win 0 games the rest of the way, they might as well move the franchise.

Yah, but if we win 1, the Yanks lose 1, and Boston wins the series this weekend there is a playin game too I think. Doesn't seem too out of whack.

If we only win 1 though, f*** it, I don't want to go.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
Yah, but if we win 1, the Yanks lose 1, and Boston wins the series this weekend there is a playin game too I think. Doesn't seem too out of whack.

lets just say that balt will find a way to give the game to the yankees tonight...

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)

What's the formula for the Sox getting in if they lose all of their remaining games?

Edited by Frankensteiner

f***...Sox don't win a couple games they don't deserve the playoffs. Case closed.

No excuses..this team needs to play the game or they can go f*** themselves. Its pathetic and I have no idea why I even watch right now. I just get disgusted by the lack of execution.

Its not that they are a bad team, thats what kills me. This team is as good as anyone in baseball...yet it can't go out and do the little things on offense anymore and because of that they are basically a .500 team.

Start doing the little things and they'll get into the playoffs and win this game. If they don't, its no ones fault but there own and they can think about it the entire offseason.

Anyone notice how many 3-0 counts Uribe has had in this series? It must be 5 already.

The Dreaded Leadoff walk. Well dreaded if it was anyone other than the Sox getting the walk. Instead its Chicago so they'll hit into a DP and cancel it out. OR they'll put a bunch of runners on and than strike out 3 straight times with a runner on 3rd.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
Yankees have the first two guys on.  They put B. Crosby in the lineup, and he's been a huge spark for them.

Just like that one guy has been for us. Ya know, that, um, guy we brought up to help the team. That, firey new-blood at the trade-deadline to help give the offense a spark.

That guy.

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
Just like that one guy has been for us.  Ya know, that, um, guy we brought up to help the team.  That, firey new-blood at the trade-deadline to help give the offense a spark.

That guy.

We didn't get Roberto this year. :P