Official Gamethread 9/27

Ishmookie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
I'm debating doing the exact same thing.  Going to my moms where I don't have mlb xtra innings and throwing some food on the grill.

I probably should.  It would be better for my blood pressure.  I'm gonna die at a young age thanks to the Sox.

I think the cause of death of 99% of Sox fans is frustration. There is no known cure.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
I had a dream once about the Sox winning the pennant, but the year was all kind of fuzzy. Do you think there is a chance that Tribe loses and we rally to get  a 3 game edge, or will it happen the other way around?

I know one thing...we'd all feel a s***load better if that happened.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
Sheffield hits a grand slam, 7-5 Yanks, must be nice to be able to come back from early deficits.

I disagree with the person, I think jas, who earlier said we're as good as anyone in baseball. I think that with our pitching coming back to non-superhuman form the 2nd half of the year, there are 4 or 5 teams that are superior to the Sox.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
I know one thing...we'd all feel a s***load better if that happened.

I know that is true. I can't believe these Tigers don't know they are acrappy team and ain't going anywhere. They should roll over for us.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
I disagree with the person, I think jas, who earlier said we're as good as anyone in baseball.  I think that with our pitching coming back to non-superhuman form the 2nd half of the year, there are 4 or 5 teams that are superior to the Sox.

I think our pitching can go against anyone staff in baseball. Sure it hasn't been amazing but i put a lot of that blame on the offense. No pitching staff can continually go out and bail an offense out. At one point an offense needs to get on a stretch and tell the pitchers to relax.

I saw it for years in LA. Dodgers would have stellar pitching and never score and eventually the Dodgers would fade and go one and done in the playoffs because the pitching staff would be so mentally worn down due to all the close games they were pitching in. They always had to be perfect and as a pitcher your at your worse when your trying to throw a shutout and have it in your mind that you can't make a mistake.

You do that and you start aiming and being exact and start majorly falling behind in the count.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
I know that is true. I can't believe these Tigers don't know they are  acrappy team and ain't going anywhere. They should roll over for us.

They're not a crappy thing, that's the thing. They've underachieved all season, but their lineup is very dangerous.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
I know that is true. I can't believe these Tigers don't know they are  acrappy team and ain't going anywhere. They should roll over for us.

Unfortunately the way the White Sox are playing it looks like thats what they were thinking.