Please don't shoot me

Punch and Judy Garland

Look, I know that we'd all like to wrap this thing up and all but hear me out. I kind of want the Yankees to run the table to win the East and for us to tie Cleveland for the division. I say this because of how memorable one-game playoffs truly are. THink back to Angels-Mariners or the Sawx/Yanks for the Bucky Dent game. I will celebrate us making the playoffs when we win the division but there is a large part of me that knows how great a one-game playoff to move on or go home would be in Chicago on Monday afternoon. It would be an electric atmosphere

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
Look, I know that we'd all like to wrap this thing up and all but hear me out. I kind of want the Yankees to run the table to win the East and for us to tie Cleveland for the division. I say this because of how memorable one-game playoffs truly are. THink back to Angels-Mariners or the Sawx/Yanks for the Bucky Dent game. I will celebrate us making the playoffs when we win the division but there is a large part of me that knows how great a one-game playoff to move on or go home would be in Chicago on Monday afternoon. It would be an electric atmosphere

id rather clinch rightnow so i can get my 20$ from my dad so lets get it done.

I guess I stand corrected on one thing. If the Yanks were to run the table then Cleveland would win the wild card even if we tie them due to better head2head. The only way we get in a divisional one gamer is is Boston/Yanks tied Cleveland and us for a three way tie. That said, I still think one-game playoffs are among the best parts of baseball history and it'd be cool to be a part of that

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
I guess I stand corrected on one thing. If the Yanks were to run the table then Cleveland would win the wild card even if we tie them due to better head2head. The only way we get in a divisional one gamer is is Boston/Yanks tied Cleveland and us for a three way tie. That said, I still think one-game playoffs are among the best parts of baseball history and it'd be cool to be a part of that

The only possible scenario for us to play a 163rd game would require us to lose the final 4 games. -- I'm not rooting for that.

Just Say No To Drugs :gosox4:

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)

This makes no sense.

Win the division and get in, or possibly f*** ourselves.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
This makes no sense. 

Win the division and get in, or possibly f*** ourselves.

Not to mention that would indicate that the Sox lost 15 of their last 23 games. Thats not something I want to go into the playoffs with, a 4 game losing streak(1-6 in their last two series).

Yeah, I would punch you Judy ;)

You gotta be nut! Win today game, and just sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the regular season. We need time to fix our hearts before the gruesome postseason begins.