AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX DIVISION WINNER!!!!

AddisonStSox

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
On ESPN they just said that the White Sox were just the 10th team in the history of baseball(can that be right?) to be in first place every day of the season.

Sounds right to me...I know that it's true about us, and it seems like a very rare occurrence...I mean, you knock out 1/2 of the possible teams each year on day 1.

Since 2000 the White Sox have consistently tanked in Aug & risen in Sept. Much of this was due to the loss of a major at bat in the lineup. By Sept the lineup figured out to score minus the big bat. 2005 was no different.

2005 CWS Aug: 12W-16L, Sep: 16W-12L.

You can accept the national media to overlook this but for a local guy?

He's just a Cub PR tool .. most of the time.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Since 2000 the White Sox have consistently tanked in Aug & risen in Sept.  Much of this was due to the loss of a major at bat in the lineup.  By Sept the lineup figured out to score minus the big bat.  2005 was no different.

2005 CWS Aug: 12W-16L,  Sep: 16W-12L. 

You can accept the national media to overlook this but for a local guy?

He's just a Cub PR tool .. most of the time.

Just to point out...for no obvious or particular reason...unless you care to think of some reason...

16W, 12 L = winning percentage of .5714

11 W, 8 L = winning percentage of .5789

I am actually excited that the Season is ending like this. The Sox have showed alot of life in their last two series, and i dont expect them to lie down against Cleveland in the next 3 days. The Sox actually won a game to clinch their division, as opposed to backing into the playoffs like they did in 2000 because Cleveland lost to KC. I just had an ill feeling in 2000 all throughout September because it seemed like they just went through the motions. Not so this year, they had to fight for what they have gotten, and i dont expect it to change.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
I am actually excited that the Season is ending like this.  The Sox have showed alot of life in their last two series, and i dont expect them to lie down against Cleveland in the next 3 days. The Sox actually won a game to clinch their division, as opposed to backing into the playoffs like they did in 2000 because Cleveland lost to KC. I just had an ill feeling in 2000 all throughout September because it seemed like they just went through the motions.  Not so this year, they had to fight for what they have gotten, and i dont expect it to change.

I want to see em sweep Clevelad and go into the playoffs on a high note.

YOU CAN DO IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!!!!!!!!!

2005 NYY: Aug 19W-10L, Sep 18W-8L

2005 CLE: Aug 19W-8L, Sep 18W-7L

2005 BOS: Aug 18W-9L, Sep 15W-12L

2005 LAA: Aug 14W-13L, Sep 18W-9L

2005 CWS Aug: 12W-16L, Sep: 16W-12L

There was never a choke. We had a killer Aug. With losing Thomas in late July we played about as good as the 2004 team. We rebounded like years past & played a division leader pace in Sept.

CWS vs LAA: 2-2 @LAA, 2-4 @CWS

CWS vs BOS:1-2 @BOS, 2-2 @CWS

CWS vs NYY: 2-1 @NYY, 1-2 @CWS

I would like to face BOS in the ALDS. We can make that happen by beating CLE.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
I want to see em sweep Clevelad and go into the playoffs on a high note.

YOU CAN DO IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't that be great, in front of three sellouts? As much as I dislike the Yankees and Red Sox for their overexposure among other things, I can't say I like the Tribe any better.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
I would like to face BOS in the ALDS.  We can make that happen by beating CLE.

Not if the Yankees beat up on Boston.

*edit since we have a Red Sox fan here: And I hope that the reverse happens.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
Danman...I think you ran into that same smiley limit I ran into on page 2 of this thread doing exactly the same thing.

Yeah. I figured someone did something similar, but I wanted to do it myself. I'm not going to read 8 pages of senseless celebrations. :D

On ESPN they just said that the White Sox were just the 10th team in the history of baseball(can that be right?) to be in first place every day of the season.

--Maybe Mariotti can write about that. Maybe the much maligned Ozzie can take pride in the fact he's one of 10 managers (assuming nobody did it more than once) to lead ever day of the season.

congrats Ozzie, White Sox and Sox fans around the globe.

GO SOX!