Guess who's throwing out the first pitch?

fathom

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 07:48 AM)
Thank you.  I am glad I am not the only one who remembers Hizzonar in Atlanta for the 2003 playoffs sporting a Cubs hat.  Screw him.  There are plenty of people I would rather see throw out the first pitch, and Frank Thomas is way up the list.

Come on, he's the mayor of Chicago, of coarse he had to at least appear he was rooting for the Cubs, anyone of us would have done the same(and regardless of what any sox fan has to say about it, it would have been good for the city as a whole).

How would it look if the mayor of you city was rooting against you? It would be political suicide, not to mention just look plain ol' childish....

Besides, he has never ever backed down from proclaiming hes a Sox fan over a Cub fan.

And he will throw out the first pitch at the world series :usa .

World Series

Myself I go with former govenor and big Sox fan Jim Thompson.

Excellent points, both.

It was nice to see Big Jim at a game recently. I was really steamed to hear one of those creeps on blab radio (B & B maybe?) later make a snotty little remark about him.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
Excellent points, both.

It was nice to see Big Jim at a game recently.  I was really steamed to hear one of those creeps on blab radio (B & B maybe?) later make a snotty little remark about him.

I was at a game he was at (maybe the 9/24 game - I can't remember). As soon as they showed his mug on the screen the crowd erupted in boos. I wasn't paying attention and was wondering why everyone was booing since it was mid inning and I noticed him up on the screen.

I was at a game he was at (maybe the 9/24 game - I can't remember).  As soon as they showed his mug on the screen the crowd erupted in boos.  I wasn't paying attention and was wondering why everyone was booing since it was mid inning and I noticed him up on the screen.

I assume the booing was purely political – Democrats razzing a Republican. The radio remark was your typical sexual innuendo – classless. But what would anyone expect from a broadcast team that makes jokes about Ron Santo’s amputations? Shame on me for listening that day.