Anthony John Pierzynski

MurcieOne

first i just want to say, that i love this guy and the way he plays the game. I believe that even though he is a native New Yorker... he embodies everything i want in an athelete who wears my teams uniform. He plays hard, talks trash, stands up for his teamates and while it may seem like the johnny come lately thing to say..... he uses his head.

now to the point i wanna make:

I want AJP to remain in the silver and black till the day he hangs em up.... and one day have number 12 emblazoned on to the outfield wall.... after that... i'd like to see him manage the team one day. As we all have heard at one point or another.... catchers make the best managers blah blah blah, but more than that.... i think he really could become an iconic figure in the city.

thoughts?

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
first i just want to say, that i love this guy and the way he plays the game. I believe that even though he is a native New Yorker... he embodies everything i want in an athelete who wears my teams uniform. He plays hard, talks trash, stands up for his teamates and while it may seem like the johnny come lately thing to say..... he uses his head.

I want AJP to remain in the silver and black till the day he hangs em up.... and one day have number 12 emblazoned on to the outfield wall....  after that... i'd like to see him manage the team one day. As we all have heard at one point or another.... catchers make the best managers blah blah blah, but more than that.... i think he really could become an iconic figure in the city.

thoughts?

I think that's looking a little too far ahead, AJ has several good years left on the field, but I do agree with you that we should keep him around as long as we can. From what I can tell he really enjoys playing here and he is definitely a fan favorite so I don't see any reason not to keep him here as long as he wants to stay.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)

I want AJP to remain in the silver and black till the day he hangs em up.... and one day have number 12 emblazoned on to the outfield wall....  after that... i'd like to see him manage the team one day. As we all have heard at one point or another.... catchers make the best managers blah blah blah, but more than that.... i think he really could become an iconic figure in the city.

thoughts?

Should he stay in a Sox Uniform?

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)

thoughts?

hahaha

yea, ok dude. lets put him in the hall of fame while we're at it.

I completly agree.

AJ has become my favorite player the past month or so. I liked him alot during the season, but the way he has been playing and handling being in the playoffs has made him my favorite. He has been like the spokesman for the team ever since we clinched. Im definitly gunna ask for a Pierz jersey for X-Mas.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
hahaha

yea, ok dude.  lets put him in the hall of fame while we're at it.

i'll do that right after i suck his dick and swallow.

:P

i never said but him in the hall of fame, just keep him in the organization to build some history.

wathca yo mouth

I don't know if anyone saw AJ on Jim Rome's show yesterday but it was priceless. At one point Rome is on his assinine rant about "there is no doubt that Paul caught the ball. It is one hundred percent clear, and there is no question in my mind."

AJ looks at him and saids, "You're a So-Cal homer, of course you would say that."

LMFAO :lolhitting

I think to protect his knees, we need to move him to left field.

The catchers are always my favorite on the team. AJ would be a good investment. It pays off both in offense, defense, and pitching. I'd also like to see Josh Paul return to Chicago

on the Cubs

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
I don't know if anyone saw AJ on Jim Rome's show yesterday but it was priceless.  At one point Rome is on his assinine rant about "there is no doubt that Paul caught the ball.  It is one hundred percent clear, and there is no question in my mind."

AJ looks at him and saids, "You're a So-Cal homer, of course you would say that."

LMFAO :lolhitting

I hope the Sox come out and blast these guys off the field tonight. I'm SICK of the BS, and the thing is, it's only the beginning.

It will be a close game tonight and through the rest of the series, probably. But I would love to see the Sox destroy the argument, quick and in a hurry.

On a side note, GAGE! Don't GAGE the team!

:P

BTW, AJ's jersey will never be retired in the sox organization. You got a little ahead of yourself there. Take a look at the players we have honored, and AJ is nowhere in their neighborhood.

I hope he plays here a couple of more years, but I dont see him retiring here. When he cant play catcher, he will be gone.

this is a blurb from an article on the white sox website:

Featured stooges: The combination of Pierzynski, Rowand and Crede have earned the nicknames of Moe, Larry and Curly, i.e. The Three Stooges, from Walker in reference to their goofy camaraderie. The trio was featured on the front page of Thursday's Orange County Register, celebrating Crede's walk-off shot, and planned to get a color reprint and sign it for Walker.

GOD i hate how AJ is a clubhouse cancer!

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 06:37 AM)
I think to protect his knees, we need to move him to left field.

The catchers are always my favorite on the team. AJ would be a good investment. It pays off both in offense, defense, and pitching. I'd also like to see Josh Paul return to Chicago

on the Cubs

Didn't you also say you wanted Graffinino with the Cubs also? WHERE IS YOUR LOVE FOR THE CITY OF CHICAGO???

AJ is easily my fave. He's been great all year long, and has been priceless in the past few months. I love his no BS attitude, and if this is what the other cities DIDN'T like about the man, well, they all just suck that much more. How anybody could dislike the guy is beyond me. After a win, he is by far the best one to see. YOu can just sense his excitement and intensity at that moment.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
this is a blurb from an article on the white sox website:

Featured stooges: The combination of Pierzynski, Rowand and Crede have earned the nicknames of Moe, Larry and Curly, i.e. The Three Stooges, from Walker in reference to their goofy camaraderie. The trio was featured on the front page of Thursday's Orange County Register, celebrating Crede's walk-off shot, and planned to get a color reprint and sign it for Walker.

GOD i hate how AJ is a clubhouse cancer!

That's funny! WAY Better than the "idiots" thing from over on the east.

A.J. , as I've thought to myself and I'm sure many people think, is the best Sox catcher since the Fisk days.

I hated him with the Twins. He always got the clutch hit to put them ahead ala Jacque Jones.

What he has done here in with the Sox, the pitching staff, and seeing him clap his hands when gets a 2B, etc. those are the kinds of players we all love.

He's the best. He deserves to be here for a long time and he will be here for a long time.