Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
And if it doesn't it stays up 2 more weeks.  If not I'll put up a sig of Illinois??

And ya, I'm ballsy...I got faith in my Hawks.

Iowa fans need to enjoy this season because it is going to be a while before they have a Big 10 title contender

This article really illustrates that Davis just does not get it. It's sad really that he isn't smart enough to understand, especially having played at Alabama where it is this bad (or worse) from football fans.

More Whining from Davis

An excerpt

"When we played Michigan State on the road, they were desperate, but not one time did we feel like their fans weren't supporting their players," Davis said Monday.

"Even Minnesota was 0-6 and not one possession did I feel like (their crowd) was not into the game, and they weren't pulling for their team.

"This expectation thing when you're one game out of first place and ranked in the country, it doesn't add up to me. If it makes sense to anybody else, I hope they will explain it to me."

Edited by Rex Hudler

i seem to recall there being some ohio university and mac hoop fans on here. if so, this would be of interest.

point guard jeremy fears of ou is transferring. he will finish the school year in athens then is returning to chicago. word out this way is that he is interested in depaul.

jay bilas rated fears among the top-10 point guards in the nation in the preseason but he's struggled with the bobcat's move from a running/pressing style to a slower offensive and defensive pace. fears is from joliet.

chicago hoops article

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
pffft,

you guys look up to us geographically......and every other way.

...sorry, i really apologize for that one.

Ha, when you stop "stooping" to get our coaches (and police officers) then you can say that we look up to you. Until then, SIU always has something that Shampoo-Banana wants :P

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
pffft,

you guys look up to us geographically......and every other way.

...sorry, i really apologize for that one.

I'm still mad about that game in Vegas back in 2001. SIU had the Illini down 5 with 2 minutes left and we blew it. I was getting phone numbers ready to call to talk trash.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
I'm still mad about that game in Vegas back in 2001. SIU had the Illini down 5 with 2 minutes left and we blew it. I was getting phone numbers ready to call to talk trash.

That year was great. Its a damn shame that the Salukis only had Rolen Roberts for one year of eligibility. He was a beast in 01. He was eating up Emeka Okafor alive in that sweet 16 game(too bad Kent Williams forgot his shot at home throughout the tournament:( )

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
i seem to recall there being some ohio university and mac hoop fans on here. if so, this would be of interest.

point guard jeremy fears of ou is transferring. he will finish the school year in athens then is returning to chicago. word out this way is that he is interested in depaul.

jay bilas rated fears among the top-10 point guards in the nation in the preseason but he's struggled with the bobcat's move from a running/pressing style to a slower offensive and defensive pace. fears is from joliet.

chicago hoops article

I wouldn't go to DePaul if I were him. They already recruited two fairly talented PG's in the past two years in Curry and Walker. They also are seriously out-classed in the Big East. They just don't have the wing players or big men to hang with the good teams, and only Clarke and Chandler really have any hope.

Now if he were to play for the Illini...

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)

chicago hoops article

Yep, I am an NIU student and fan along with my lifetime Illini allegiance, but since people around here aren't big MAC hoops fans, I don't talk about it much. I saw Ohio in a loss at NIU a few weeks ago in person, and Fears seemed frusterated and not interested, so this doesn't surprise me. Ohio was a favorite to win the MAC, but have underachieved quite a bit, and Fears issues is probably reason #1 why.

I have heard Fears is all but a lock to end up at DePaul, that he wants to be back close to home and he has met and likes Coach Wainwright. DePaul has a couple young guards, and Will Walker of Bolingbrook will be coming in next year, but Fears has enough talent to at least see significant playing time and I wish him the best. He actually decided to transfer after being back here for a family members funeral, so it's a bit of a sad story.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
Iowa fans need to enjoy this season because it is going to be a while before they have a Big 10 title contender

Tell me about it...we lose everyone but Haluska. I do think Freeman will be a really really good player by his junior year though, but its gonna be a rough season next year unless some guys come out of nowhere.

That said Alex Thompson and Freeman are two guys Alford seems to rave about and thinks will do big things next year. Freeman the fresh and Thompson the Sophmore. Plus we got Haluska coming back. I still don't see a way they could possibly compete for anything but the middle of the pack (at best) next year.

But I'm just going to enjoy this year.

Interesting perspective on IU today from the Louisville Courier-Journal:

Coach should blame himself, not IU's fans

The beginning...

Mike Davis has reviewed the videotapes and uncovered the reasons the Indiana University men's basketball team could not score against Minnesota, could not defend against Wisconsin and could not win the games it needed to win to remain a fearsome force in the Big Ten Conference.

IU fans are the reason. Too negative. Too committed to his failure. If pushed, I suspect Davis would say the fans are doing a miserable job of screening and rebounding, too.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Shockers-Creighton on espnu right now, those are two of the teams tied for the valley lead. Go blue jays.  Then we're in Peoria tonight to face Bradley which is no easy task.

Go Blue Jays!