Sox snipets from Rozner...

Wanne

The Ozzie files

Ozzie Guillen — who attended the Bulls’ opener in Jerry Reinsdorf’s suite with Guillen’s sons and Freddy Garcia — said Wednesday while in Springfield visiting state politicians that teams often make a “big mistake’’ when paying too much money to one player and trying to please fans instead of winning games.

If you didn’t know any better, you’d think maybe Guillen was suggesting that if the White Sox can’t sign the very popular Paul Konerko, they’ll be able to spend that money on a few players instead of tying up a large percentage of their payroll in one contract.

Or, maybe not.

The quote

White Sox GM Kenny Williams on why he brought back Carl Everett a second time: “I felt this team needed more edge, and Carl brought that. Occasionally, you need someone to ‘pull an A.J.’ in that (locker) room.’’

Just asking

When you read the words, “World Champion Chicago White Sox,’’ do you still find yourself having to stop and think about it for a minute?

I think Oz may be kissin PK g'bye here. I definately still do the last one.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
To me it sounds like Ozzie thinks PK is getting resigned by the Sox, and he doesn't like it, IMO.

AH HA!! So it's Ozzie that hates Paul, not Frank... or maybe it's Frank also. They are all ganging up on Paul... they all hate him. :ph34r:

I think Ozzie is setting the fans up for the possible dissapointment of not getting Paulie back. If another team offers him something rediculous, Ozzie knows Kenny wont match it just to please the fans. He is just getting ready for the oncoming onslaught of rediculous money being thrown Paulies way.

I think alot of people think that we won because of Paulie, not with Paulie. If we lose him, it's not the end of the world. What about how he always called out his teammates and didn't support them? Is that so quickly forgotten?

QUOTE(Johnny @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
going to turn into alot of drama by years end.

We've been saying this too often these last few years. He's already gone in my view.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset with Konerko's departure if his lost production is compensated. I expect anoter addition out of Williams this offseason in either the OF or 1B.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
My question/concern is this. Last offseason was a a little different than last year. We really dont have that many holes that need to be filled. Its nice to spend the money in 3 or 4 different areas, but we dont need many to be filled. We get a 1b and DH(not cheap positions) and were pretty much set.

We shall see what happens.

Durazo would be an interesting and affordable option. Didn't Jermaine have some health concerns coming into this year? Durazo just has never lived up to his potential for some reason...maybe he's due to break out soon.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
My question/concern is this. Last offseason was a a little different than last year. We really dont have that many holes that need to be filled. Its nice to spend the money in 3 or 4 different areas, but we dont need many to be filled. We get a 1b and DH(not cheap positions) and were pretty much set.

We shall see what happens.

Plus move Duque to free up some room for resigning Paulie (or finding a new 1st baseman) and adding a DH.