Bears @ Saints

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Six seconds left for Baldinger to describe the Saints offense as "Thinking outside the box". He has seriously went off like 4 times about how the Saints are gonna run when the Bears think they are gonna pass and vice versa.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
VASHER!

BEARS WIN

2 game lead in the divison, but really 3 with the tiebreak.

Well we don't hold anything on Minny yet. Technically were three up on Minny as well, but at the same time, there is still a game yet to be played with them so we might as well say we are 3 up on the Lions, 2.5 up on Minny (who looked good).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Well we don't hold anything on Minny yet.  Technically were three up on Minny as well, but at the same time, there is still a game yet to be played with them so we might as well say we are 3 up on the Lions, 2.5 up on Minny (who looked good).

Isn't it amazing what a good backup QB can do when needed? Brad Johnson can easily lead that team on a big winning streak.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Isn't it amazing what a good backup QB can do when needed? Brad Johnson can easily lead that team on a big winning streak.

Right now, Minny is the team I fear most in the division. They got more talent than any of the other teams in our division (aside from the Bears) and have a veteran QB at the helm. Plus Michael Bennet looked pretty good.

As long as the Bears take care of their own business, I think they will be alright. Especially if they can take down Minny when they meet next in 2 weeks (I think thats who the Bears play after San Fran).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
As long as the Bears take care of their own business, I think they will be alright.  Especially if they can take down Minny when they meet next in 2 weeks (I think thats who the Bears play after San Fran).

Carolina first.

Damn. I can’t believe I wasn’t able to see the whole game. I went to a funeral so I had to leave when the Saints had just scored their first TD. Though I’ll definitely be wearing my Bears shirt tomorrow when I go to school! :headbang

QUOTE(SS Gload @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
a W's a W.

Agreed. If the Bears make it into the playoffs, and with this division there's no reason to think they wont, then if Orton gets his act together & Jones is back with their defense they have a chance to make a little noise.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Agreed.  If the Bears make it into the playoffs, and with this division there's no reason to think they wont, then if Orton gets his act together & Jones is back with their defense they have a chance to make a little noise.

If the Bears make any noise in the playoffs, it isnt gonna be because of Orton and Jones. its gonna be the defense all the way

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
If the Bears make any noise in the playoffs, it isnt gonna be because of Orton and Jones.  its gonna be the defense all the way

If not for the running game, our defense would be on the field way to often to be effective over the course of an entire game.

When we go up against a run-stuffing team in the playoffs, we'll be f***ed.

As odd as it sounds, Benson's holdout may actually help the bears in the end. Jones looks to be having his usual nagging injury of the season, and we need fresh legs of the bench to take the load if TJ can't do it all by himself. A fresh Benson could really improve the Bears by keeping the offense on the field and allowing the defense to rest.

Note: I am not jumping on the Benson bandwagon. I root for both backs.