ARow Appreciation Thread

Heads22

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron...the way you played the game made me smile. I will always root for you and I thank you for all that you did on the Southside of Chicago.

May you one day come back to Chicago, but regardless, may the rest of your career be great and hopefully you'll grab a gold glove away from Andruw Jones in the next couple years.

Thanks for all the memories. You will always be one of my favorite players to watch. You hustled and fought and never gave up.

A-Row, man, thanks for all of the memories. From watching you start out, to meeting you in Boston last summer, to watching you grow as a very BIG part of this team this year, we as Sox fans owe you a big Thank you!

I was crushed today when I saw the trade come across the bottom line, and even if it works out for the better, A-Row will always be a part of the magical team of '05.

To the way you played, the way you hustled, and most of all the huge heart you posess! A-Row, this is for you......

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Thank you.

Just reading this thread got me thinking,

how long has it been since us sox fans have had players that have meant so much to us?

Where we were honestly dissapointed and felt bad to see a player go when he obviously was very happy here.

I think it speaks wonders about this era of white sox

:headbang

AROW i wouldnt have traded you for anything! YOU were the beginning to our WS run. Your heart, spirit, competitive fire, sacrifice and flat out hustle made me like you from the very first moment you showed up in a WSox uni! Your presence in Philly will be much greater than Thome! I hate to see you go! You are now compared to Wilbur Marshall in my book as the first piece to leave a champion. I am pissed at this move to be quite honest. I cant think of a better guy than you in center and a family member to the other players off the field. I hope the best for YOU! I will never forget your blast in SD off Hoffman! And all the days I told my TV...."hey you know what I wish they would play that guy everyday. he looks like the kinda guy to run thru walls. if anybody is going to win a WS for us it is going to be him!" guess what? I was right and you proved it earned it and will never be forgotten!

AARON ROWAND! I HOPE TO SEE YOU BACK IN OUR UNI VERY SOON!

DOG PILES! MANURE! COW PATTIES! STINKY POO POO!

The note reads AROW HE GONE on the door so when the old lady gets home she is going to go what the hell is this? SHE IS GOING TO CRAP HER DRAWERS ON THIS NEWS!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ME! We already broke up the WS team?

YUCK BARF!

Just promise me someSOX fan out there! Please yell like a mother to AROW in florida spring training that we all LOVE YOU!

Edited by whitesoxmanager

I'll always remember meeting Rowand for the first time, he is a good ballplayer, but one hell of a person. This team was made of grinders, and he was the ultimate grinder. No matter who the sox have in CF next year, they will not be as good as Aaron Rowand. Aaron thanks for all the good times you have given me, and every single white sox fan.

good luck in phili, hopefully you will win one of your much deserved gold gloves there

this is for you arow :cheers

thanks man

To Aarow: Thanx for all the memories, for all the crashes, and for being the embodiment of Sox Grinder baseball. You impressed me with your style of play from the 1st time I saw you in 2000, and you will always be my hero. Best of luck in Philly, even though we know that their uniform won't look quite as nice on you as the Sox ones did.

Edited by whitesox247

QUOTE(lemon44 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Aaron is a great guy and will i miss him.Up in Milwaukee earlier this year my family and i were sitting right behind the Sox dugout and when the Sox were coming back to the dugout after the inning Aaron gave my son the ball.My son and the rest of my family thought this was great and when the Sox played the Cubs this year we had a chance to see Aaron and he signed the same ball.Aaron thanks for being a very good player and even greater guy.

Your son has the autograph of a champion. A champion as a person, teammate and a ballplayer.