The Official Soxfest Thread

aboz56

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
Either Rowand44 is really tall or Snb, Krush, and Addy are short....which is it?

I recall an old interview on Sportscenter where Patrick was interviewing AJ while he was with the Twins. AJ is about 6'4 and they were equal height. Use that to determine your answer.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went Saturday and Sunday and stayed at the Hyatt. I have to say though, it was hard to have fun when you're hung over as hell and weaving in and out trying not to run into people. My favorite happening of the weekend was at Hard Drive. On Friday, my buddy and I met Brian Anderson and BMac and were chatting them up a little. Anderson says to me "look at how hot that girl is behind you " He then went and hit on her and got shot down. Then I'm thinking to myself, "hey, I'm gonna go try and big league Brian Anderson," so then I go hit on her and... get shot down. Oh well.

I went Saturday and Sunday and stayed at the Hyatt. I have to say though, it was hard to have fun when you're hung over as hell and weaving in and out trying not to run into people. My favorite happening of the weekend was at Hard Drive. On Friday, my buddy and I met Brian Anderson and BMac and were chatting them up a little. Anderson says to me "look at how hot that girl is behind you " He then went and hit on her and got shot down. Then I'm thinking to myself, "hey, I'm gonna go try and big league Brian Anderson," so then I go hit on her and... get shot down. Oh well.

Did the girl know who Anderson was? I'm sure if she had known he was a major league ballplayer she would have been going downtown in a matter of minutes. :lol:

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
Did the girl know who Anderson was?  I'm sure if she had known he was a major league ballplayer she would have been going downtown in a matter of minutes.  :lol:

Dont know, although he had a sweet miami-vice type outfit going on sat night.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
Did the girl know who Anderson was?  I'm sure if she had known he was a major league ballplayer she would have been going downtown in a matter of minutes.  :lol:

No, she didn't know. I told her when I was talking to her though. She seemed pretty oblivious. She was quite the b****.

QUOTE(mrzo2733 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
No, she didn't know. I told her when I was talking to her though. She seemed pretty oblivious. She was quite the b****.

She'll have quite the shock waiting for her in the future, then.

b**** minus looks = alone, or living with 150 cats.

:lol:

I thought Sox Fest was awesome, not that my opinion counts much. I was there last year and I did like the intimacy versus this year, however the guys deserved it. The whole team deserved the turnout. I saw the crowds and I admit they were inconvinient to say the least. I sat on the floor Saturday with my daughter and brother eating pizza and looking around thinking is there anyway I could have missed this? Nope. I can sit and b**** about the bandwagon fans that jumped on this year but I won't because I know what it meant to me, that I was there.

This year was a bit different, some of the players walked thru the Big Bar, but they ended up in Hard Drive. Hard Drive had an area roped off for them. Things are going to change a bit because we are the champs this year, there is a price to pay for glory. We have a title to defend and if it goes our way we will be fighting the crowds and the bandwagon fans for a while. The dedicated Sox fans have a great memories to walk away with that nobody but us will ever really know the true meaning of. 2005 was a season worth waiting for! Nothing I have said is meant to offend anybody. Go SOX 2006!!