Kyle Orton, drunk pictures......again.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 01:35 AM)
was he really that bad?  Because Rex's stats are worse.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
Are you kidding?  If you didn't watch the games, don't make these type of blind comments, and if you did watch the games, you wouldn't be making this argument in the first place.

Reading previous posts is fun!

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
Kyle Orton's QB Rating - 59.7

The Great Rex Grossman's QB Rating (including the playoff game) - 56.8

But i thought Grossman was such a huge upgrade over Orton.

Ha, this is funny WSJ. Still whining about the same thing. It was right to put you on the case.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
And everything was equal when considering those stats of course

but i thought Grossman was the savior. I thought he was supposed to be this great QB. If Grossman's stats aren't better than Orton's why make the switch. Grossman was not an upgrade over Orton and I watched every Bears game this year. They were the same. They both sucked. But if you have a QB who has started 14 games vs a QB who has started no games and he will at most have 6 quarters to play you pick the one who has started the 14 games. I know they rested Grossman against the Vikings however if you are that concerned that your QB is gonna get hurt he shouldn't be your QB. Hell even career wise there isn't that much of a difference. They both suck right now.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
Kyle Orton's QB Rating - 59.7

The Great Rex Grossman's QB Rating (including the playoff game) - 56.8

But i thought Grossman was such a huge upgrade over Orton.

OMFG I cannot honestly believe you are still arguing this. LET IT GO!!!!!!

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 12:44 AM)
Ha, this is funny WSJ.   Still whining about the same thing.  It was right to put you on the case.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 01:47 AM)
This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lolhitting

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 01:45 AM)
but i thought Grossman was the savior.  I thought he was supposed to be this great QB.  If Grossman's stats aren't better than Orton's why make the switch.  Grossman was not an upgrade over Orton and I watched every Bears game this year.  They were the same.  They both sucked.  But if you have a QB who has started 14 games vs a QB who has started no games and he will at most have 6 quarters to play you pick the one who has started the 14 games.  I know they rested Grossman against the Vikings however if you are that concerned that your QB is gonna get hurt he shouldn't be your QB.  Hell even career wise there isn't that much of a difference.  They both suck right now.

Your pride makes you blind, man. Its really sad

I love how you state that you watched every game this year, as if noone else did, and you decided that they were the same. Anyone who watched the games knew that they werent even close to the same. Not in skill, ball speed, effectiveness, driving the ball, deep balls, slant routes, etc. You name it, Grossman did it better on the field. Because the obvious assessment with your eyes isnt working for your argument anymore, now you are going to use stats to back you up by putting their numbers next to each other. Hilarious, typical White Sox Josh response.

I know you watched the games when Orton was QB, but I am afraid you closed your eyes and covered your ears when Grossman came in, because the difference was night and day.

But thats alright Josh. Hart is the Heisman, Avant is a second rounder, and Orton is the king QB.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 21, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)
http://www.collegehumor.com/pictures/1651831/

Somebody is going to have to teach him to avoid cameras.  Has there been an athlete in Chicago photographed this wasted this many times in such a short period of time? 

Somebody get White Sox Josh on the case. :lol:

I don't know why this is so bad or so strange. He is at a clubd drinking and dancing. He is 23 years old. So freaking what? Isn't that what a bunch of 23 year olds do? I don't get it.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 10:39 AM)
I don't know why this is so bad or so strange. He is at a clubd drinking and dancing. He is 23 years old. So freaking what? Isn't that what a bunch of 23 year olds do? I don't get it.

Its not bad, or strange. Its funny to me. But I am not a QB in a bigtime city with an image to uphold, and I certainly havent been busted in multiple pictures which have shown up on multiple websites hammered off my ass with half of my drink in my stomach and the other half on my shirt.

I didnt condemn the action. But if I were Orton, I would do my damndest to avoid being pictured repeatedly in that condition. At least put the bottle down if you are gonna drink, the rest of the world uses glasses, lol.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)

i wanted to read that

:angry:

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
but i thought Grossman was the savior.  I thought he was supposed to be this great QB.  If Grossman's stats aren't better than Orton's why make the switch.  Grossman was not an upgrade over Orton and I watched every Bears game this year.  They were the same.  They both sucked.  But if you have a QB who has started 14 games vs a QB who has started no games and he will at most have 6 quarters to play you pick the one who has started the 14 games.  I know they rested Grossman against the Vikings however if you are that concerned that your QB is gonna get hurt he shouldn't be your QB.  Hell even career wise there isn't that much of a difference.  They both suck right now.

Come on Josh, there is a reason that everyone in the world knows Grossman is a better QB than Orton. Dont you take a look at your opinions on sports: Hart is a heisman favorite, Edwards was the rookie of the year, Desmond Howard was a successful NFL WR, Kyle Orton is better than Grossman, and wonder to yourself: "Self, how is it that everything I say about sports seems to be the direct opposite of what really happens in the real world. Do I really know what im saying, or am I just making it up as I go?"

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 22, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Its not bad, or strange.   Its funny to me.   But I am not a QB in a bigtime city with an image to uphold, and I certainly havent been busted in multiple pictures which have shown up on multiple websites hammered off my ass with half of my drink in my stomach and the other half on my shirt.  

I didnt condemn the action.   But if I were Orton, I would do my damndest to avoid being pictured repeatedly in that condition.  At least put the bottle down if you are gonna drink, the rest of the world uses glasses, lol.

I am sorry, but what type of image is a 23 year old QB from a bigtime city supposed to uphold? He can't go dancing and drinking? Who cares how many pictures show up, it seems like a normal 23 year old thing to do to me. I don't understand this at all.

I guess some people think he is very photogenic. I don't have any idea why they keep taking pictures of him when you hear of players doing a lot more that, and that is thought of as a lot worse. Such as married players with kids drinking in and getting lap dances in strip clubs. But you never see pictures of them in there. I still don't get it at all. Sorry, but it all seems pretty normal to me.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
I dont mind an athlete going out and partying..... but Orton kind of does it a lot it seems... maybe if he spent more time practicing and watching tape he wouldnt of sucked so much.  :P

You really think that practicing and watching tape was the problem?