2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rangers are rallying against the Yanks right now, after Cordero served up 4 runs to them in the top half of the 8th the Rangers now have 2nd and 3rd with nobody out, still down 6-4. If the yankees pull this one out they will own the Wild Card Lead.

And Michael Young ties this beach up at 6 :)

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
Since his name has been brought up here, seems worth mentioning that Sal Fasano was picked up by the Yanks for a minor leaguer. Kelly Stinnett dfa.

I noticed Fasano had to trim the Fu Man Chu but got to keep his mustache. I didn't know the Yankees allowed facial hair of any kind?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 11:49 PM)
Boston put Trot Nixon on the DL today, and Jason Varitek pulled up lame at 2nd base early in teh game.

Well we are tied for the Wild Card with them as of Aug 1 . This could be good for us. I dont think they will miss Varitek bat, but they will miss him calling the games.

From SoxMachine blog:

The Dodgers designated Jose Cruz Jr. for assignment today. Los Angeles needed to open a roster spot, and Cruz has had a disappointing season thus far, only batting .233 with five homers.

Actually, this season is somewhat par for the course for his career, as he's never met the expectations he had as a first-round pick. But look what he's done against lefties over the last four years:

2006: .313/.420/.522

2005: .325/.426/.525

2004: .264/.364/.465

2003: .304/.405/.519

He can play all three outfield positions, although like Rob Mackowiak, he's weak in center. But the guy hits lefties so well -- and Mackowiak, Scott Podsednik, Ross Gload and Brian Anderson don't -- that it's worth a phone call to Ned Coletti to see what he would cost.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
Well we are tied for the Wild Card with them as of Aug 1 . This could be good for us. I dont think they will miss Varitek bat, but they will miss him calling the games.

I still think Boston is the weakest of the teams racing for 3 spots in the Central, East, and WC, and maybe this injury will expose some weaknesses. Varitek isn't hitting, but they will miss him badly calling the games, and that affects their whole staff.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
Apparently the Abreu and Lidle signings did not spark the Yankees. We should skip past them easily in the Wild Card standings. [/sarcasm]

I believe we'll face Lidle next week. He's dominated us in the past.