White Sox Acquire Infielder Alex Cintron

OfficerKarkovice

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
I simply pointed out that Cintron was making nearly two million dollars and the reason the deal was made is because the Diamondbacks didn't want to pay him, which contradicts some of the moves made by Kenny Williams this offseason.

Actually I don't think it contradicts them that much at all. KW wants to build a team that can repeat, if not 3 peat. If he can get JR to spend the extra money to do so, then he's willing to spend the money. Look at the Vazquez deal...we took on a guy who makes a ton of money, probably more than he's worth, and all we got back in the deal was about $5 mil and the removal of El Duque's deal. Why? Because KW wanted a 5th starter who could kill any other 5th starter in baseball.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
It's easy to see why Fathom has as many posts as he has.  Your better off talking to a brick wall than you are to that kid.

Wow, it's comical to see someone calling you a kid when you were born a decade before them. The funny thing redandwhite is that you used to act like you were a Red Sox and White Sox fan. Now, you're just a Red Sox apologist.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
Oh, if the Red Sox made this move it would have been the rip off of the century, Cintron would be a future superstar.

BTW RNW, Cintron's career OBP is the exact same as Coco Crisp.  Enjoy.

That first statement is false. Again, please don't put words in my mouth.

For the next six years, I will enjoy Coco Crisp. Thank you.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
Are you out of your mind?  Not one reference to the Red Sox and you come in with this bulls***.  You are an absolute f***ing joke.  It's hard to fathom how dumb you look with this post here.

The fact of the matter is alot of people were calling this deal a fleecing and that the White Sox will now trade Iguchi/Contreras for Pujols. 

Anyone saying we were going to now trade Iguchi and Contreras needs to stop playing XBox baseball, and get in touch with reality. Also, if my post was so stupid, then how come not a SINGLE poster on this board stated that they disagreed with what I said.

It's a kind a magic...

The more I think about this deal, the more I wonder if Arizona also included a gun and loot-bag.

This just in, Grandstand reporting a huge influx of requests to replace and re-number Chicago White Sox Jeff Bajenaru home uniforms.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
That first statement is false.  Again, please don't put words in my mouth.

For the next six years, I will enjoy Coco Crisp.  Thank you.

I will enjoy watching him be flamed by you in no less than two years. Thanks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
Wow, it's comical to see someone calling you a kid when you were born a decade before them.  The funny thing redandwhite is that you used to act like you were a Red Sox and White Sox fan.  Now, you're just a Red Sox apologist.

I've stated my case on several occassions. I watch and follow the White Sox on a daily basis so I enjoy being a member of Soxtalk, even if the White Sox are not my number one team.

Please, if you can't talk baseball in a constructive manner, don't talk to me. Go on being your unreasonable, selfish, arrogant, ignorant self and piss everybody else off.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
I've stated my case on several occassions.  I watch and follow the White Sox on a daily basis so I enjoy being a member of Soxtalk, even if the White Sox are not my number one team.

Please, if you can't talk baseball in a constructive manner, don't talk to me.  Go on being your unreasonable, selfish, arrogant, ignorant self and piss everybody else off.

You seem to be the one doing the pissing from what I've seen.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
Please, if you can't talk baseball in a constructive manner, don't talk to me.  Go on being your unreasonable, selfish, arrogant, ignorant self and piss everybody else off.

Wow. How can someone be selfish on a message board? Also, for someone that "pisses everybody off", I sure have a lot of people that enjoy talking with me in PM, etc.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
I will enjoy watching him be flamed by you in no less than two years.  Thanks.

I don't want to ruin this thread, but it seems you and fathom have other ideas. What a shame. :headshake

What leads you to believe he can't put up the numbers he put up last year, possibly better as he progresses as a human being off the field, while entering his prime years on it?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
Are you sure about that?  At least with the Cubans, the Yankees keep putting that clause in which makes the team cut them if there's no contract signed to get around the 7 year arbitration period.  I haven't a clue if we did the same thing with the Gooch, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

yes. They might have to put him on waivers though. It was a different situation with Contreras because they put a clause in his contract saying that he would be a free agent.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
Wow.  How can someone be selfish on a message board?  Also, for someone that "pisses everybody off", I sure have a lot of people that enjoy talking with me in PM, etc.

You talk to people through PM. Congratulations, your prize has been shipped and will arrive in 3-5 business days.

I don't really see how this is a bad trade. Baj wasn't gonna get a shot here so we sent him somewhere where he might get a shot. He wasn't in the plans, losing him doesn't hurt the Sox at all.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
I've stated my case on several occassions.  I watch and follow the White Sox on a daily basis so I enjoy being a member of Soxtalk, even if the White Sox are not my number one team.

Trust me. Your ignorant comments and closed minded view on everything related to baseball is the only thing that pisses people off. I just took your moronic quotes out of my signature a day too late it seems, as here you are again being the same old person. Do yourself a favor, stick to sonofsamhorn.com.

Got home to see this news. As one of Baj's biggest backers, I'm really happy.

Not only is he going to a spot where he will be given every opportunity to establish himself as a major league reliever, but the Sox are getting a very very solid hitting infielder in return.

Citron is young and I happen to think the Dbacks made some mistakes in not giving him an everyday job the past couple years. The guy has a very smooth swing (reminds me a bit of Jimenez swing with the open stance) and is decent defensively (nothing to write home about).

Has some good pop for a middle infielder and will be a great addition. I also think this spells the end for Gload. The Sox have enough depth in the infield with Mack, Citron, and Pablo.

When it comes bench power we have Mack (lefty), Citron (switch, more pop from left side though) and than Pablo (speed) as well as the Widge.

This means that we could either go with Gload (with a team lacking some power from the right side) or Borch who has power from both sides of the plate (even though he's a better hitter from the left side). Plus while Gload has played all 3 OF positions, Borchard plays them well.

He would be the #1 option of all our bench players when it came to coming in as a defensive replacement (at any of the positions). I think this deal cements Borchard as the man to get the final roster spot.

Gload will be dealt soon, imo.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
I don't want to ruin this thread, but it seems you and fathom have other ideas.  What a shame.  :headshake

What leads you to believe he can't put up the numbers he put up last year, possibly better as he progresses as a human being off the field, while entering his prime years on it?

You ruin every thread you join, of course you wanted to. Otherwise you wouldnt have scrolled back 8 pages to find something to quote.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
Trust me.  Your ignorant comments and closed minded view on everything related to baseball is the only thing that pisses people off.  I just took your moronic quotes out of my signature a day too late it seems, as here you are again being the same old person.  Do yourself a favor, stick to sonofsamhorn.com.

Rock...who would have ever imagined that someone would categorize you and me as teaming up on them?