• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
It was worth the wait, but now its time to sleep

Great game guys :D

I forgot, was it you or Rowand44 that was critiquing me for thinking Thorton could be a solid pick-up for us? Anyway I can become the official chairperson of the Thorton fan-club?

We went through a tornado warning here today in champaign. The cable was knocked out after the 2nd batter in the game. Certain channels are still knocked out. Only one building on campus seemed to have ESPN in after the storm(didn't have Insight cable provider). A friend came in the clutch and lived in that building, we got to see the post delay game.

Today was an adventure.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
We went through a tornado warning here today in champaign.  The cable was knocked out after the 2nd batter in the game.  Certain channels are still knocked out.  Only one building on campus seemed to have ESPN in after the storm(didn't have Insight cable provider).  A friend came in the clutch and lived in that building, we got to see the post delay game. 

Today was an adventure.

What a ridiculous night.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
We went through a tornado warning here today in champaign.  The cable was knocked out after the 2nd batter in the game.  Certain channels are still knocked out.  Only one building on campus seemed to have ESPN in after the storm(didn't have Insight cable provider).  A friend came in the clutch and lived in that building, we got to see the post delay game. 

Today was an adventure.

Don't I deserve a thank you? :P

YESSS!!! I just got back from the Opener...

What A Night... OH BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.

That Opening Ceremony was unbelievable & a Jim Thome Homer along with a White Sox Winner only made it that much sweeter. Now I can't wait to get my ring on tuesday and hopefully see our second win of the season.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
I forgot, was it you or Rowand44 that was critiquing me for thinking Thorton could be a solid pick-up for us? Anyway I can become the official chairperson of the Thorton fan-club?

Sign me up, Matt Thorton looked solid, heres to hoping he has turned a corner and makes a nice fit in the bullpen.

QUOTE(beautox @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 02:48 AM)
Sign me up, Matt Thorton looked solid, heres to hoping he has turned a corner and makes a nice fit in the bullpen.

He did well under the pressure too. Opening Day as the World Champions against your archrivals and he throws 1 1/3 scoreless without a walk. He also had an inherited runner and struck out Hafner.

I know it is only one game, but it counts now.

QUOTE(beautox @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)

Alright, you and me buddy. I have no idea who to talk to about that, but it'll happen!

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 07:07 AM)
woohoo!  i was especially proud of John Miller last night for NOT ONCE pronouncing Tadahito's name correctly!

Tada Iguchi did great last night!

You mean Jon Mueller, don't you?

This game had it all: smallball, homers, oppourtunity hitting, pitching, CREDE on 3B, BABY!, sacrifice hitting and even a couple of stolen bases.

I was just waiting for a controversial A.J. Pierzinski play!

We looked like the 2005 team but even more fearsome.

I like it so far!

BTW the banners look amazing. Very tasteful. Those light towers (the "toothbrushes") look completely different now.

Pre-game stuff ROCKED.

Those jets were REALLY low, not more than a hundred feet above the light standards. For those that weren't there, you cannot imagine how loud they were.

Game rocked.

Anderson ROCKED, I must say, and I am a certified Anderson doubter.

Thome... Oh my man, Thome.

The crowd rocked, especially those few thousand who stuck it out - even the ESPN announcers said it.

Go.

You.

White.

SOX!!!!!

guys i know we are all excited...but if we are already assuming that thornton will be solid based off of his first outing, then are we gonna assume politte is gonna be trash?

Bmac looked so confident out there today. He deserves to be starting but damn it's gonna be nice to have him in the pen. Having him there and succeeding certainly helps our bullpen look a little nicer.