Sox v. Kansas City, 4/7/06, Garland v. Affeldt

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
I'll stick to the predictions I made a month ago.    The Sox would lose the opening series to Cleveland, have a losing record in April and still win the division.

By the way, this site has a new Timo and his name is Pablo.

LOL

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
Exactly. That's where the four earned I was talking about. But it's one of those losses where you just have to forget about it. Hopefully Jon and Freddy can pitch great performances these next couple of outings to get their ERA's respectable.

Agreed, lets take the next 2 and start winning some series here.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
Where the hell is Ozzie and his motivation?  These guys look lackluster.

IMO, these guys still haven't adjusted to one another yet. We had three different guys in the outfield who haven't even played with one another. They will adjust and get to form as the season progresses. I believe the sox will get to a slow start this season, and work their way back to the top. Let's face it, everything went our way last year. I doubt it's gonna happen again. Do I feel this is the same magical team from last year who won all the close ballgames? No, but that doesn't mean we can't get it done.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
What changes you think will be made?

Well, there aren't that many changes to be made besides getting Dye healthy and playing the real lineup for a while to get that rythm that Hawk keeps talking about.

Of course, they scored enough runs tonight. Guillen and Coop have to get these starters in line so that the bullpen becomes a little easier to manage.

He also needs to ensure they don't get down on themselves too much.

QUOTE(G&T @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
Well, there aren't that many changes to be made besides getting Dye healthy and playing the real lineup for a while to get that rythm that Hawk keeps talking about.

Of course, they scored enough runs tonight. Guillen and Coop have to get these starters in line so that the bullpen becomes a little easier to manage.

He also needs to ensure they don't get down on themselves too much.

I really think the Sox need to get a bullpen guy, Thorton and Logan dont look to hot.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
I really think the Sox need to get a bullpen guy, Thorton  and Logan dont look to hot.

Come to think about it, none of our pitchers do, for the exception of Contreras and McCarthy, hopefully Vasquez has a solid outing.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
I really think the Sox need to get a bullpen guy, Thorton  and Logan dont look to hot.

You are probably right. I had really high hopes for both of them, especially Logan. But right now they need a guy that can complement BMac in long relieve. Everyone expected these starters to go 6 or 7 innings, but if this continues the bullpen will be blown out early in the season.

Like hawk said, out of all our pitchers, Thornton is the one who has not gotten any defense behind him since he's put on a sox uni. Alittle off topic here: I gotta comment that catch Mack made today that was unbelievable.

QUOTE(Timoperezrulez @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
If we still had Timo, all of these errors with Pablo would have never happend!

Thats right, they would have happened with Timo instead of Pablo.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Mackowiak replaced Timo. Ozuna is being used in the same position he was last season.

If Timo was here, he would have been in right field.

And I guarantee he would not had made that catch Mack made today.

Jon Garland was rocked for nine runs in 5 1/3 innings versus the White Sox Friday.

The White Sox were up 6-0 after three innings, but then Garland began to struggle. He gave up five runs in the fourth, two in the fifth, and one more in the sixth before departing. Reliever Matt Thornton allowed the lone inherited runner to score. The nine runs Garland gave up tonight is three more than he gave up in his first five starts from last season. Repeating his success from last season is unlikely, but he's not someone to waive based on one outing. A

Other than Jose, the starters haven't lived up to expectations this week. Also the injuries to Dye and Pods doesn't help also. Ozzie didn't have a choice but to put Ozuna out in LF because he wanted a leadoff hitter. The problem is, Ozuna is not a natural OFer, he's an IFer. And when you have a windy game like last nite, bad things were bound to happen.

Our defense is definitely missing Rowand already. If we had Rowand, he would be out in CF, and Anderson would be out in LF giving Pods a break to give his groin pull rest. This happened last year. I do love Thome, and love what he brings to us as a DH, however defense and pitching are the keys to success. And right now we have seen much of any to begin the year.

I know, I know, its early. But how much longer are we going to say its 'early' before they start playing solid fundamental baseball?