Sox vs. Kansas City, 4/08/06, Vazquez vs. Bautista

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, we'll get these next two. I actually told a few people from here that I thought we'd lose yesterday and win the next two, so hopefully I'm right now. I expect Vaz to dominate.

Edited by Rowand44

Hopefully the Royals don't get some extra base hits off Vazquez's flyballing ways. But I expect him to have a dominant first outing. He's got something to prove this season, Vazquez, make no mistake about that.

Well, I had confidence with a 6 run lead last night....

As long as Ozuna isn't in LF, I'll feel better. I have a lot of faith in Javier. We need a good out against the Royals.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

A lot of your fans just need to relax. The Royals aren't a horrible team by any stretch of the imagination, you were going to lose to them sometime this year.

Anyways Good Luck. Would love to see Vazquez go deep and get the Win. Your offense seems fine, pitching looks like it may be the concern.

Has Podsednik got it going yet?

GoTribe

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
A lot of your fans just need to relax. The Royals aren't a horrible team by any stretch of the imagination, you were going to lose to them sometime this year.

The Royals are a horrible team and have horrible pitching. If we can't hold down a 6 run lead against them, who can we count on holding one down on? The fans are justified to be concerned. A championship team, which this is supposed to be, does not lose to the cellar dwellers of the division after getting a 6 run lead and they also don't play t-ball defense in the outfield. The fans that are concerned are justified, particularly if they are concerned with our defense.

Anyways Good Luck. Would love to see Vazquez go deep and get the Win. Your offense seems fine, pitching looks like it may be the concern.

Basically, Vazquez can't possibly pitch any worse than Garland or Garcia. I mean, he can... but we need him to get us some wins.

Has Podsednik got it going yet?

No.

GoTribe

Again, not so much. :D

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
thats easy for you and your 3-1 indians to say

lets get a good game out of javy today

Last you we fell behind 15 to you guys and I never really was upset. I mean you were better and we had a legit shot at the Wild Card. Yea we blew it!

Anyways, I come on here this morning and I see We Suck and Blow This Team Up threads.... We are 4 games in the year! 158 Games left!

Vazquez will stop the bleeding. He's the guy that may make or break this starting rotation. If Contreras, Garland, or, most likely, Garcia, can't put together the season we have come to expect here in our title defense, Vazquez becomes the guy that is going to have to step up and pitch like he is capable of pitching. Luckily, I think it's a change of scenery and this guy may compete for a Cy Young be season's end.

It starts today.

You have to beat the teams that you are supposed to beat. That's what we did in 2005 and that's what has to happen right now. In my opinion, that is what seperated 2005 from years past. You have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat and you have to win two out of three.

Let's get back on track here.

Anyways, I come on here this morning and I see We Suck and Blow This Team Up threads.... We are 4 games in the year! 158 Games left!

True dat.

Well be on your guys asses in the standings by no time :)

btw, does anyone know if SnR radio will be on today?