Sox vs. Kansas City, 4/08/06, Vazquez vs. Bautista

iWiN4PreP

As it stands, we have no one to bridge the gap from the starter to the closer. No one.

Hell, I'm not even that confident in Jenks closing out ballgames.

The idea is that if our starting pitching can't get it done, you have Thome and company to put some runs up on the board. So far, nothing doing.

Yikes.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
Sweeney could just as easily have homered off of Politte's B- fastball trying to challenge him inside. That is one of the few certainties in this universe.

fathom knows. As he showed at the end of last year....oh wait.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
It was a slider/change down and away. What would you propose he do? Walk him?Grudz got a bloop hit on a good pitch and Sweeney hit a HR on a ball low and away.

Is this the first time you have seen Mike Sweeney do this to the sox. Pretty much he is single man wrecking crew for the Royals against the sox. He is a certifyable sox killer. I know that you just believe that Sweeney magically he just got a shamrock shoved up his ass because it must of been dumb luck that he parked that ball. It doesnt shock me to see this. When you face the royals you dont pitch to Sweeney. You sure as hell dont pitch to him with the game on the line at the end of the game.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
fathom knows. As he showed at the end of last year....oh wait.

It's amazing that you come on here just in time to try and make excuses for everything. You can ask anyone in the chat....we were begging for Politte to stop throwing that offspeed slop on the outside.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
How many homers does Sweeney have against the Sox in his lifetime?  How many career homers does he have?

I bet about a quarter of his HR's are against us.

He passed Thome and Dye as all time Sox killers

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Is this the first time you have seen Mike Sweeney do this to the sox.  Pretty much he is single man wrecking crew for the Royals against the sox.  He is a certifyable sox killer.  I know that you just believe that Sweeney magically he just got a shamrock shoved up his ass because it must of been dumb luck that he parked that ball.  It doesnt shock me to see this.  When you face the royals you dont pitch to Sweeney.  You sure as hell dont pitch to him with the game on the line at the end of the game.

Nobody in the major leagues would walk a guy with a guy on first, no outs, and a 1-run lead. Nobody.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
Yep, once again it's time to bash fathom because the Sox are playing bad.  What's the deal?

He's a dirty Indians fan like you.. its all his fault!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
As it stands, we have no one to bridge the gap from the starter to the closer.  No one.

Hell, I'm not even that confident in Jenks closing out ballgames.

I get the feeling that we're going to trade a starter for bullpen help in July.

Politte has been opening the eyes of hitters with a rather weak slider thus far this season. There's no radar gun available, but I guarantee his fastball isn't around the 92-94 range it was last season.

He threw several meat pitches to Sweeney during the AB. It was envitable the ball was going to be crushed somewhere.

We're not talking about the same Politte here as last season. Our bullpen woes have only been heightened through the first week.