Sox vs. Kansas City, 4/08/06, Vazquez vs. Bautista

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ShoeLessRob @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
Sure as hell didn't see this too much last year ...

You didn't? It happened a lot. They don't know when to not swing for the fences.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
You didn't?  It happened a lot.  They don't know when to not swing for the fences.

Oh no doubt did I see it but so far this year has been all I've seen.

But don't matter to me, were only a week into the season ...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
this is why baseball is so frustrating.  Without this horrible wind, we would be winning be several runs.  But instead we are losing to one of the worst teams in the game.

Rock our hitters know the wind is blowing in. Yet they keep teeing off trying to park it into the stands. You have to play to your conditions. When the wind is blowing in hitting homers are going to be difficult so you need to manufacture offense.

Vaz has pitched well and doesnt deserve this outcome. Hopefully our hitters get their head out of their asses and start to try a new thing and string a few hits together. We have had the leadoff man on for the last couple of innings and havent done a thing with it.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
Why not?  Games count now the same as they do in July.

I still feel they haven't gelled yet as a team, Do I want a win? Hell yes, but if they keep hitting like this then I think I speak for all of us that there has to be a huge change and We'll be f***in pissed.

But there has to be a change right now before this gets out of hand.

This is absolutely disgusting. Vazquez deserves much better than this. I don't give a f*** if Bautista is throwing 96mph, they've put together some horrid AB's. Blame the win for keeping up flyballs, but that's tough luck. Weather conditions can't always be perfect. Despite the numerous walks we've had leading off innings, the only f***ing run that has crossed was due to Thome taking an extra base and scoring off a sacrifice fly. They need to regroup the next 6 outs and scratch together a few runs.

If today's score holds up, the Sox better win tomorrow. And no, I'm not suggesting the season is over--I know someone will mention it. It's just not very good for team morale to be swept by the worst team IN THE LEAGUE opening week.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Some times breaks just are not going to go your way.

With the pitching staff the Sox have though, when their offense starts to click they should be able to start winning games in bunchs.

Also Vazquez is looking really good, so glad we got him.