Thome vs Big Frank

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank is now hitting .080. I saw a little bit of his at bats on Sunday, and it looked like they were just pounding him with low fastballs, and he was having trouble putting the ball in play. My guess is right now he's not real healthy, but you wonder how long Oakland will keep putting him out there, and how long before Frank starts feeling the pressure to fiddle with his stance and/or swing. Tough times for the Big Hurt.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 05:38 AM)
Frank is now hitting .080.  I saw a little bit of his at bats on Sunday, and it looked like they were just pounding him with low fastballs, and he was having trouble putting the ball in play. My guess is right now he's not real healthy, but you wonder how long Oakland will keep putting him out there, and how long before Frank starts feeling the pressure to fiddle with his stance and/or swing. Tough times for the Big Hurt.

But he's in his prime!

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
The players on the field won the games. Not Ozzie. Even he isn't so stupid as to not give them the credit they deserve. And you might want to do a little brushing up on the History of Oz... He had plenty of spats with management, and memorable hissy fits with fans.

i was at a spring training game in one of ozzie's last season with us and some old guy sitting front row above the sox dugout called him a bum. ozzie climbed up on top of the dugout and lambasted the old man. it was one of the funniest things i have ever seen. i must have been 12 at the time. this is when the sox were still in sarasota, FL.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
i was at a spring training game in one of ozzie's last season with us and some old guy sitting front row above the sox dugout called him a bum. ozzie climbed up on top of the dugout and lambasted the old man. it was one of the funniest things i have ever seen. i must have been 12 at the time. this is when the sox were still in sarasota, FL.

What'd Ozzie say to him -- or did you not understand him?

Thome is currently at 435 HRs (5 this season), Big Frank is at 449 HRs (1 this season).

Do you expect Thome to surpass Thomas this year on the All-Time HR list? I think he will do it by the All-Star break.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 04:36 AM)
Thome is currently at 435 HRs (5 this season), Big Frank is at 449 HRs (1 this season).

Do you expect Thome to surpass Thomas this year on the All-Time HR list?  I think he will do it by the All-Star break.

I think he will do it by May.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
I think he will do it by May.

May!?? How much do you expect him to have by years end? :unsure:

But yeah I think Thome will end up passing Frank, The man's a beast when he's 100%.

Edited by ShoeLessRob

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
Thome  (Through the 3rd inning of Today's game)

Games: 7

AB: 20

Hits: 7

BB: 8

HR: 4

RBI: 7

AVG: .350

Big Hurt

Games: 6

AB: 22

Hits: 2

BB: 3

HR: 1

RBI: 4

AVG: .091

Early Returns: i think we made the right choice.

This is even before you take into account Frank's guaranteed stint(s) on the DL.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
Frank jacked one tonight.  I think that's career #450.  Congrats to the Big Hurt.

Yep, well done to Frank. :cheers

The A's though have really come out of the blocks slow. They're not getting good pitching from their starters, and their offense isn't built to win games single handledly for them either.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 03:05 AM)
Yep, well done to Frank.  :cheers

The A's though have really come out of the blocks slow. They're not getting good pitching from their starters, and their offense isn't built to win games single handledly for them either.

Seems that they start slow every year and somehow still manage to win 90+ games.

QUOTE(marsh @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 02:55 AM)
Seems that they start slow every year and somehow still manage to win 90+ games.

Oh yeah I've got no doubt about that. Should be interesting at the deadline, if they're behind say the Angels, if they trade Zito for a real good deal of prospects, cos he ain't coming back there.