Gamethread 5-2-05 vs. Cleveland Injuns

Capn12

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 2, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
1-0 pirates, over the cubs, top of the 1st.  i dont know if that makes anyone feel any better so far  :ph34r:    :ph34r:    :ph34r:

Wait.

Are the Cubs in the AL Central?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
Also possible we avoided serious injuries by not overworking our main guys.  Just a thought.

Good point.

Again, this isn't a video game. Starters need days off. While I'm not sure that the second game of a series is the best time to do it, we had won 17 of the last 20 going into today and will still be in first place after we lose this game. It's not like we were in desperate need of a win today. If you want to point fingers, point them at Buehrle.

My God... :rolly

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:30 PM)
You take our normal lineup, we can absorb the two non hitters in it.  When you sprinkle the 3 to 4 subs with that, you take out Dye and Thome, its a formula for crap.

Buehrle giving up 3 runs in the 1st inning wouldn't have helped the regulars, let alone the subs. This loss I pin solely on Buehrle's performance and he'll be the first to tell us that once this game is over. Plus, JD's was trying to play hurt and it was a good move by Ozzie to take him out when it started raining. No need to keep playing him when it was obvious early on this wasn't the Sox' game to win.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
I'm not gonna pile on, but I've never been a fan of Uribe's offense.  Pull up my old posts or ask the guys who would chat during games last year.  He rarely seems to have a plan at the plate or even understand the game situation or what is required of him at any particular time.  His swing is the same just about every time and nothing about it suggests that he is trying to do anything besides hit the ball as hard as he can hopefully within play and not right at someone.  I've always been amazed that hits above .200.

he's a free swinger, but he's also a fantastic fielder. He's not going to stay below .200 for long, he'll warm up.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
Buehrle wet himself. The criticism concerning today's game shouldn't be with the lineup. Sunday lineups are acceptable when your supposed ace is one the mound.

You rest players when you have either Contreras or Buehrle going. These two are pitchers which almost always guarantee a quality outting. Alternatively, Guillen should concentrate on putting put the regulars when Garland and Garcia are pitching--where more than 4 runs may be required to win. This is atleast how I feel it should go.

Problem is this is Tuesday against someone who could give us problems this year

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
logan > liriano  ;)

I wouldn't trade Boone for Liriano.

And I'm dead serious.

If you actually think I'm serious, you're retarded.

QUOTE(Allsox @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
Buehrle giving up 3 runs in the 1st inning wouldn't have helped the regulars, let alone the subs. This loss I pin solely on Buehrle's performance and he'll be the first to tell us that once this game is over. Plus, JD's was trying to play hurt and it was a good move by Ozzie to take him out when it started raining. No need to keep playing him when it was obvious early on this wasn't the Sox' game to win.

19 men LOB is also an issue today.

We had guys and then turned it over the back end of our lineup, who did nothing.

Cintron 5 left on

Uribe 4 left on

Widger 3 left on