What was better

SoxRock05

What was a better play?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What was a better play?

• Iguchi's acrobatic stop at 2nd
    • Crede's Grab off the tarp

I'm actually going to have to go Joe here. Tad's play was outstanding but he was the one who kind of caused it to be outstanding. The concentration that Joe had to have for that play is just ridiculous.

Edited by Rowand44

Joe's play was simply outstanding but I have to give it to Gooch cause we've NEVER seen a play like his in baseball. I've seen a play like Credes' many times, might not have been like that exactly, but it was very similar plus in Gooch's play it was under better circumstances (bottom of the 9th tying run aboard, that ball was IN play, not a foul ball like Credes and the game was basically ova cause Count was lights out.) My vote clearly goes to Iguchis. Nice thread by the way. :) And I don't honestly say that to posters. We have to revist this when the sox win this again and show how we done it. :headbang

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 5, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
I'm actually going to have to go Joe here.  Tad's play was outstanding but he was the one who kind of caused it to be outstanding.  The concentration that Joe had to have for that play is just ridiculous.

He kinda caused it to be outstanding by bobbling it a bit too, no?

It's Iguchi for me hands down. Bobbles will come and go, but we're not gonna see a ball thrown from that angle in a long while, if ever...

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 4, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
He kinda caused it to be outstanding by bobbling it a bit too, no?

It's Iguchi for me hands down.  Bobbles will come and go, but we're not gonna see a ball thrown from that angle in a long while, if ever...

He ran into the tarp, nothing you can do about that. Tad stumbled and fell himself. Not taking anything away from Tad's play but personally I think Joe's was better.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 5, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
He ran into the tarp, nothing you can do about that.  Tad stumbled and fell himself.  Not taking anything away from Tad's play but personally I think Joe's was better.

I definitely don't wanna take anything away from those two plays either, but...Either could have been cleaner plays...

The ball took an interesting hop for Iguchi so I won't call it him completely tripping over his own feet. Likewise, Crede could maybe have held onto the ball better upon impact.

Wanna take this outside?

Just a matter of preference, but I wanted to state my reasoning.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 4, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
I definitely don't wanna take anything away from those two plays either, but...Either could have been cleaner plays...

The ball took an interesting hop for Iguchi so I won't call it him completely tripping over his own feet.  Likewise, Crede could maybe have held onto the ball better upon impact.

Wanna take this outside?

Just a matter of preference, but I wanted to state my reasoning.

Always fun to argue about which great play was better. :)

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 5, 2006 -> 01:20 AM)
I'm actually going to have to go Joe here.  Tad's play was outstanding but he was the one who kind of caused it to be outstanding.  The concentration that Joe had to have for that play is just ridiculous.

^^

ESPN must hate all of the webgems coming out of the Southside this year, It has been a steady stream of them too. I had to give it to Iguchi, even if he did cause his own fall, his presence of mind to get his body in the right position to throw the ball was just incredible, not to mention the situation in the game.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 5, 2006 -> 07:42 AM)
Hands down, it's Uribe diving into the stands in the 9th inn...

That is still one of my favorite PBP calls ever.

"Did he catch it? Did he catch it? ... HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT!"

Right behind:

"OUT! OUT! White Sox winner! and a World Championship! The White Sox have won the World Series and they're mobbing each other on the field!"

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ May 5, 2006 -> 11:28 AM)
That is still one of my favorite PBP calls ever.

"Did he catch it? Did he catch it? ... HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT!"

Right behind:

"OUT! OUT! White Sox winner! and a World Championship! The White Sox have won the World Series and they're mobbing each other on the field!"

Don't forget Rooney's follow-up words of "Oh Unbelievable!" for Uribe's catch.

I also liked Rooney's call for the last out of the ALCS. There is something really moving and unforgettable about the words "...the White Sox have won the pennant...and they're going to the World Series..." It was a dream come true. The WS was the icing on the cake. Man, I miss Rooney.