Royals @ Sox

Heads22

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the f***ing royals, the worst team in baseball. We shouldnt be leading the season series 4-3 on a 20 loss team in the first week of may.

I dont want to hear Hawk talking about how even though Runny Nose Hernandez is a crappy pitcher on a crappy team, tonight his s*** is crisp. We were able to get 2 runs on the great Santana, yet dogs*** pitchers like Earlton shut us down.

We also need to get Dye healthy so we can stop with the 3 scrub lineup. Putting 3 or more backup players in the lineup is the cause for half of our losses. 1-5 with the 3 dog lineup.

Memo to the Sox

MAKE THE ROYALS EAT s***

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2006 -> 12:16 AM)
Its the f***ing royals, the worst team in baseball.  We shouldnt be leading the season series 4-3 on a 20 loss team in the first week of may.   

Hey.. what can you say... Baseball is a crazy game. And I still remember a poster here who predicted that we would be 23-8 after we were done with the Royals, which I precisely shook my head. Like Ozzie said, every team is difficult. There are no easy teams in the MLB. Period. Some teams might just be alittle less talented than others.. :D

It's crazy though every good team will have a team that they will struggle against (or be the b****.) It's common.

That being said let's get a win Javier. :cheers

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 5, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
Hey.. what can you say... Baseball is a crazy game. And I still remember a poster here who predicted that we would be 23-8 after we were done with the Royals, which I precisely shook my head. Like Ozzie said, every team is difficult. There are no easy teams in the MLB. Period. Some teams might just be alittle less talented than others.. :D

It's crazy though every good team will have a team that they will struggle against (or be the b****.)  It's common.

That being said let's get a win Javier. :cheers

Ozzie is giving lip service on the Royals. They are the worst team in baseball. There is not even a close second to how bad they are. They dont hit, they dont pitch, they are bad in every way. When they leave us, the next team will kick the ever living s*** out of them. This bad and horrible team also is missing its only two hitting players. Sweeney and Sanders. Without them, they are an even worse team. A 20-8 coming into this series, with one of the top offenses in the league and one of the best pitching staffs in the league should sweep this team. Instead we made Scott Earlton and his nearly 5 ERA look like Santana, who we actually hit better. We like to make bad pitchers with limited skills look like the next coming of Cy Young. In our last series we had Cy Meche out on the hump. When Hawk starts talking up the opposing pitcher as this amazing enigma. How can he have a 9 ERA when he has stuff like this. You know at that time, we are chasing crap out of the zone, either bounced in curves, or fastballs neck high while we take meatballs down the middle. The league might be hitting 900 against him, but they are not doing it against this stuff. We also made Cy Meche who is terrible look good until we got the memo that he in fact is terrible. The Royals will give the loss record a run for its money. We need to beat the s*** of out crap teams like this, because other teams will. This is like tossing free victories away.

We have to focus when playing s*** teams like this, and play hard. We have had problems over the years with bad teams of loosing focus and allows s***ting teams to rack up victories against us. A few years ago when the Tigers were looking to break 120 losses, they probably had 1/3 of their season victories against us. Why because we decided to mail in the game, why f***ing play, its an automatic victory.

We are a much better team than this.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 5, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
We were able to get 2 runs on  the great Santana, yet dogs*** pitchers like Earlton shut us down.  MAKE THE ROYALS EAT s***

^^^^^

I don't get what the deal is with this Elarton guy.

He gave us fits last year in those crucial September games against Cleveland. He's this big dude with this really weird delivery, yet somehow isn't good enough to get picked up by a contending team so he's got to go to KC, and we can't light him up.

Every game we make him look like Cy Young.

I'm not opposed to using the bench but we're using with confusing frequency, and like you said, little success thus far.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
Its the f***ing royals, the worst team in baseball.  We shouldnt be leading the season series 4-3 on a 20 loss team in the first week of may.   

I dont want to hear Hawk talking about how even though Runny Nose Hernandez is a crappy pitcher on a crappy team, tonight his s*** is crisp.  We were able to get 2 runs on  the great Santana, yet dogs*** pitchers like Earlton shut us down. 

We also need to get Dye healthy so we can stop with the 3 scrub lineup.  Putting 3 or more backup players in the lineup is the cause for half of our losses.  1-5 with the 3 dog lineup. 

Memo to the Sox

MAKE THE ROYALS EAT s***

We all know your constant harp is the offense. Dye's hurting, so it's a given he wasn't going to play. Uribe and BA aren't exactly the biggest offensive threats right now. So I'm really not seeing how the "3 scrub lineup" comes into play in your argument last night.

Anyways, we need to get this win tonight so everyone gets back from the ledges.

i'm going to say it again.....elarton isn't that bad.

If their is one game in this series i could stomach a loss, it would have been yesterday.

With garland looking awful in his past starts and elarton's past success against us, I just had a feeling.

It's amazing how everyone can forget a FANTASTIC past week because of one loss.

We'll be fine guys

Javy just has to toss like he has been. solid, lots of K's, going deep into games. you know they want this win after a tuff one last night :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 6, 2006 -> 09:36 AM)
We all know your constant harp is the offense.  Dye's hurting, so it's a given he wasn't going to play.  Uribe and BA aren't exactly the biggest offensive threats right now.  So I'm really not seeing how the "3 scrub lineup" comes into play in your argument last night. 

Anyways, we need to get this win tonight so everyone gets back from the ledges.

It is not only the offensive part of it, but the defensive...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2006 -> 12:16 AM)

I dont want to hear Hawk talking about how even though Runny Nose Hernandez is a crappy pitcher on a crappy team, tonight his s*** is crisp.  We were able to get 2 runs on  the great Santana, yet dogs*** pitchers like Earlton shut us down. 

We also need to get Dye healthy so we can stop with the 3 scrub lineup.  Putting 3 or more backup players in the lineup is the cause for half of our losses.  1-5 with the 3 dog lineup. 

Memo to the Sox

MAKE THE ROYALS EAT s***

i wouldnt underestimate the Royals. they are a good baseball team, but their record doesnt reflect it, so many people like yourself just assume that they suck. just look at john buck for instance. he may not be swinging a good bat but he can gun down a runner with the best of em. Pods doesnt have 1 SB(that i know of) with Buck behind the plate and has been caught stealing by him at least three times. if you disect it all and look at every player, they have a pretty respectable lineup.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 5, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)

Memo to the Sox

MAKE THE ROYALS EAT s***

:cheers

QUOTE(Dan @ May 6, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
they are a good baseball team, but their record doesnt reflect it, so many people like yourself just assume that they suck. 

They really aren't a good baseball team. But you can keep thinking that if you want.

QUOTE(Dan @ May 6, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
i wouldnt underestimate the Royals.  they are a good baseball team, but their record doesnt reflect it, so many people like yourself just assume that they suck.  just look at john buck for instance.  he may not be swinging a good bat but he can gun down a runner with the best of em.  Pods doesnt have 1 SB(that i know of) with Buck behind the plate and has been caught stealing by him at least three times.  if you disect it all and look at every player, they have a pretty respectable lineup.

They're a terrible team, and without Sweeney and Sanders, they're a pathetic team.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 6, 2006 -> 07:36 AM)
We all know your constant harp is the offense.  Dye's hurting, so it's a given he wasn't going to play.  Uribe and BA aren't exactly the biggest offensive threats right now.  So I'm really not seeing how the "3 scrub lineup" comes into play in your argument last night. 

It doesn't. The fact that our two best hitters have had a combined ONE day off so far this season doesn't support his argument, either. And it's not like Mackowiak and Cintron are "lesser" hitters than BA and Uribe.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ May 6, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
They really aren't a good baseball team.  But you can keep thinking that if you want.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE(Dan @ May 6, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
i wouldnt underestimate the Royals.  they are a good baseball team, but their record doesnt reflect it, so many people like yourself just assume that they suck.  just look at john buck for instance.  he may not be swinging a good bat but he can gun down a runner with the best of em.  Pods doesnt have 1 SB(that i know of) with Buck behind the plate and has been caught stealing by him at least three times.  if you disect it all and look at every player, they have a pretty respectable lineup.

The royals are a good baseball team???????????

They have lost over 100 games 3 out of the last 4 years. They will most likely lose another 100+ games this year. When you break the century mark in losses you are a bad team.

John Buck has a fine arm, however outside of Victor Martinez, Pods hasnt exactly been ripping up the basepaths this year.

Grudz was the only player in their lineup last night that was decent.

This good baseball team is about to fire their GM and maybe their coach because they are so bad.

Lineups that feature Dougy Baseball as the 3 hole hitter, and Matt Stairs as the cleanup and Brown as the 5 hole arent exactly striking fear into opposing pitching.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Dan @ May 6, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

The fact that they're coming off of two 100+ loss seasons and that they're currently 7-20 doesn't support that statement. Do you have any evidence, or are you just going to throw out insults?