White Sox @ Twins Game Thread

aboz56

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Hopefully this is a f***ing wake up call. One of the worst offenses in baseball just put up a s*** load of runs in 2 days. Our Offense can get shut down by Johan. That is just mathmatics. But Radke has been meat this year.

I think the Sox have allowed 29 runs the last 3 games, and there's a duck on the pond and meat on the mound. Tomorrow they will win.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Its sad when a team that has a hard time scoring runs, puts up over 8 runs 2 days in a row.

They've scored 58 in the last 8 games against Detroit, Texas and us. 7+ runs a game.

Guest JimH
They've scored 58 in the last 8 games against Detroit, Texas and us. 7+ runs a game.

Yes I think they'd won 5 of 6 before this series? They've been playing well and they've played well these first two games. Sox have not executed, personally I do not like their approach with some of the Twins hitters.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 13, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)

If you think that the Minnesota Twins have a good Offense then I suggest you pass the crack.

Texas has no pitching what so ever.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
If you think that the Minnesota Twins have a good Offense then I suggest you pass the crack.

Texas has no pitching what so ever.

No, I don't. But any team in the majors can be hot, and they are hot on the offensive end. That is all I was saying. Our pitching hasn't been good obviously.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 13, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
It's like you think these players grow on trees or something. It's worth noting that Minnesota didn't sign either Liriano or Santana. They stole them both. Yet you keep complaining.

Oh, I will.

When we're witnessing our crown jewel Lance Broadway battling Liriano, perhpas others will begin to realize how far off we are from producing a quality system. Sure, we have McCarthy; but Minnesota has their equivalent in Baker. Need to do more then one contributing player once every 4 years.

Am I to believe Minnesota, of ALL the teams in the majors, lucked into Santana and perhaps the one pitcher who can duplicate his numbers? If Williams is intent on mimicking the Twins organization, why not mimick their scouting and minor league development?

I've said before in other threads, you can't find your Lirianos or Santanas refusing to scout players from Central American countries. Perhapas the Twins don't have CA scouts either, but they sure have people who can recognize talent.

We're battling them on the field--why not battle them in the minors as well? I'm tired of watching arm after arm fail upon promotion on the big league club. If you don't hold standards--even those which may appear unreasonable, why do anything? Let's keep drafting people and hoping they'll be good bargain chips for a team when midseason approaches. Worked one year, why not again--right?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 13, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Oh, I will.

When we're witnessing our crown jewel Lance Broadway battling Liriano, perhpas others will begin to realize how far off we are from producing a quality system. Sure, we have McCarthy; but Minnesota has their equivalent in Baker. Although I realize that's a big step when

You realize we turned our crown jewel arm into the leading HR and RBI man in the AL?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 13, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Oh, I will.

When we're witnessing our crown jewel Lance Broadway battling Liriano, perhpas others will begin to realize how far off we are from producing a quality system. Sure, we have McCarthy; but Minnesota has their equivalent in Baker. Need to do more then one contributing player once every 4 years.

Am I to believe Minnesota, of ALL the teams in the majors, lucked into Santana and perhaps the one pitcher who can duplicate his numbers? If Williams is intent on mimmicking the Twins organization, why not mimmick their scouting and minor league development?

I've said before in other threads, you can't find your Lirianos or Santanas refusing to scout players from Central American countries. Perhapas the Twins don't have CA scouts either, but they sure have people who can recognize talent.

We're battling them on the field--why not battle them in the minors as well? I'm tired of watching arm after arm fail upon promotion on the big league club. If you don't hold standards--even those which may appear unreasonable, why do anything? Let's keep drafting people and hoping they'll be good bargain chips for a team when midseason approaches. Worked one year, why not again--right?

great minor league arms > World Championship

QUOTE(SnB @ May 13, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
rough loss, we had this game under control.

then we s*** the bed.

Vazquez was in a tough situation. Some s***ty pitch selections on 2 strikes cost us the game more than an umps call.

Our pen currently is a leaky flaucet. When they come out, runs score. They basically put games out of reach for our offense.

We should of rocked Radke tonight.

Edited by southsideirish71