#35 retired?

WinningUgly85

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 22, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
Let's not get carried away just yet.

He hasn't even retired.

yeah but we retired Harold's number before he was done playing baseball after he left our team.

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 22, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)
It just might happen tonight. :ph34r:

That'd be sweet.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_th...nd_arrives.html

Frank Return

I learned a little more about the video this morning. The tribute will last about 1:40 and run between the top of the first and bottom of the inning. Because the music used with the piece is popular in nature, and we do not own rights to it on the internet, we unfortunately cannot post it on our site.

And as I mentioned, we have planned one other special moment for our fans (and Frank).

I can't think of what that can be, because I know he got his ring already. I figured they'd wait until tonight, but they didn't.

Since there is absolutely no way Frank will return to the Sox to play again, I think there is a good chance the sox will retire his number. However, unilke Baines who was very appreciate of the gesture and cried at the ceremony, Frank will mostly likely say something like "it will mean more to me when I retire"

I was at the Baines ceremony and it was a very emotional moment and something I will never forget.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
It just might happen tonight. :ph34r:

I was going to say, it would be pretty classy to do so tonight. We all know he won't be back as a player with the Sox.

QUOTE(ptatc @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Since there is absolutely no way Frank will return to the Sox to play again, I think there is a good chance the sox will retire his number. However, unilke Baines who was very appreciate of the gesture and cried at the ceremony, Frank will mostly likely say something like "it will mean more to me when I retire"

I was at the Baines ceremony and it was a very emotional moment and something I will never forget.

Frank loves the fans. He's said a lot of stuff to alienate management and some of it has effected certain fans, but there is no doubt in my mind that he appreciates all the White Sox fans who have continuosly supported him over the years.

If we retire his number tonight, I think Frank would be very very appreciative and probably a bit teery eyed. I know I would probably be a bit misty (and I'm someone thats grown into a Frank basher as of late, but I'm not someone that won't admit how great Frank was for a long time).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
If we retire his number tonight, I think Frank would be very very appreciative and probably a bit teery eyed. I know I would probably be a bit misty (and I'm someone thats grown into a Frank basher as of late, but I'm not someone that won't admit how great Frank was for a long time).

Great...we get some tears in his eyes and he struggles to see the ball more, thus making it easier on our pitching staff tonight. Good plan. Against Oakland we need all the help we can get.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
Great...we get some tears in his eyes and he struggles to see the ball more, thus making it easier on our pitching staff tonight. Good plan. Against Oakland we need all the help we can get.

:lolhitting

The rest of the A's will do exactly that as well on route to Garland's no hitter. :drink

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_th...m_pregame_.html

On Frank's Reception

The man is the greatest offensive player in our franchise's history. It is certainly up to the fans to decide his reception, but I think he deserves a standing O. Then I hope we strike him out four times.

Good to see him, although he still looks funny in green.

Turns out my information was wrong in a prior post. The ceremony will be between the first and second innings, so hopefully right before he hits.

I spoke with the TV folks and they will not be able to air the tribute. You may be able to hear the other gesture we have planned.