2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of random questions on an off day:

1) I don't understand "Pick to Click". Hawk and DJ mention it at the beginning of the game, but never say at the end of the game or the next day who was the winner, even though it seems they have tallies in parentheses.

2) Is that a new scoreboard in RF with out of town scores? Hard to tell on TV and I don't remember it from when I was at the park last year. Looks like the old Comiskey board.

3) I've watched the replay of the ball that skipped past Pablo a dozen times and I don't understand what was going on with BA. He wasn't going for the ball and obviously wasn't in position to back up.

One randon opinion: I have never been a big DJ fan, but he sounds better this year. I thought he did very well on the Saturday game, with some good stats and info. He's improved his game, finally. Now if Hawk would only come up with some new material... :sleep

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
A couple of random questions on an off day:

1) I don't understand "Pick to Click". Hawk and DJ mention it at the beginning of the game, but never say at the end of the game or the next day who was the winner, even though it seems they have tallies in parentheses.

2) Is that a new scoreboard in RF with out of town scores? Hard to tell on TV and I don't remember it from when I was at the park last year. Looks like the old Comiskey board.

3) I've watched the replay of the ball that skipped past Pablo a dozen times and I don't understand what was going on with BA. He wasn't going for the ball and obviously wasn't in position to back up.

One randon opinion: I have never been a big DJ fan, but he sounds better this year. I thought he did very well on the Saturday game, with some good stats and info. He's improved his game, finally. Now if Hawk would only come up with some new material... :sleep

1.) They decide who the pick to click was on their own after the game, they don't have a specific system just whoever has the best game out of the 3 is the winner. Hawk usually wins.

2.) Same scoreboard, nothing new about it.

3.) I think it was just a lapse in concentration he though maybe thought that Pablo would get there easy so he was jogging in already.

Also, I really like DJ as most people seem to now adays. He's become a fan favorite amoungst Sox fans. I still relaly like Hawk simply becuase he is what he is, a massive homer who appears to be going senile. He doesn't pretend to be something he's not.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
I think the Sox struggle agaist lefties because Scotty and AJ are always on the bench.

You can't fault Ozuna... He's .395/.439/.658 against lefties this season.

Widger hasn't been very productive though....185/.281/.259

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
1.) They decide who the pick to click was on their own after the game, they don't have a specific system just whoever has the best game out of the 3 is the winner. Hawk usually wins.

2.) Same scoreboard, nothing new about it.

3.) I think it was just a lapse in concentration he though maybe thought that Pablo would get there easy so he was jogging in already.

Also, I really like DJ as most people seem to now adays. He's become a fan favorite amoungst Sox fans. I still relaly like Hawk simply becuase he is what he is, a massive homer who appears to be going senile. He doesn't pretend to be something he's not.

I think I might pay attention for a month or so and see if Hawk is really winning these competitions or if they are just throwing up random scores. Because I cannot recall a time when he was ever losing, he is always in the lead. Every year.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.

Well, if you could maybe refrain from constantly repeating yourself and harping on the same damn thing over and over maybe it wouldn't be as bothersome. If superstitions bother you then ignore the people who talk about them instead of constantly picking at it.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
Pauly vs. Tigers this year

13 AB, 7 H, 1 HR, 4 RBI, .538 Avg,

Thome vs. Tigers this year

11 AB, 5 H, 3 HR, 5 RBI, .455 Avg

Not too shabby.

Uribe leads the Sox with 49 AB with runners in scoring position.

He is hitting a lovely .204 with risp.

Well, that's basically his average. If all of our players would hit the same with RISP as they normally hit, I'd be very happy.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
Uribe leads the Sox with 49 AB with runners in scoring position.

He is hitting a lovely .204 with risp.

AJ at .186.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, AJ is getting a huge pass by everyone here because his overall average is good. But when you get down to it his numbers are worse than Uribe's when it matters most. I guess if you hit a bunch of meaningless singles and doubles with the bases empty you get a free pass. I love AJ but he makes just as many 1st pitch outs as Uribe and he has hit worse with RISP.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
So, it seems that no matter what banner is up we are losing at the moment. Would anyone like me to reinstate the game banners yet?

if its any consolation, I'm a fan of them :P

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
AJ at .186.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, AJ is getting a huge pass by everyone here because his overall average is good. But when you get down to it his numbers are worse than Uribe's when it matters most. I guess if you hit a bunch of meaningless singles and doubles with the bases empty you get a free pass. I love AJ but he makes just as many 1st pitch outs as Uribe and he has hit worse with RISP.

AJ is hitting the weakest .326 I've ever seen.

What really pisses me off about AJ and Uribe is that they come up with guys on base and make outs, then BA ends the inning and all the blame focuses on him. If these guys got the job done, Anderson's offense would just be a minor annoyance.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
AJ at .186.

Well AJ does have 20 runs this year so it's not like he's hitting "meaningless singles and double" like you say, he's getting on base and scoring at a pretty good clip even if he has been pretty horrid w/ RISP. Also, he's a catcher which is the one position more than any that when they're playing incredibly well on defense (also calling games) that anything you get from them on offense is a bonus. It's like choosing between Piazza/V-Mart or Brad Ausmus/Mike Matheny.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
I think I might pay attention for a month or so and see if Hawk is really winning these competitions or if they are just throwing up random scores. Because I cannot recall a time when he was ever losing, he is always in the lead. Every year.

Seems like they have different totals for the games on CSN & WGN, either that or they're just screwing with us.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
Well AJ does have 20 runs this year so it's not like he's hitting "meaningless singles and double" like you say, he's getting on base and scoring at a pretty good clip even if he has been pretty horrid w/ RISP. Also, he's a catcher which is the one position more than any that when they're playing incredibly well on defense (also calling games) that anything you get from them on offense is a bonus. It's like choosing between Piazza/V-Mart or Brad Ausmus/Mike Matheny.

It just seems like this is his least 'clutch' year I've seen at the plate. Regardless of his average he always seemed to be a guy to count on in a clutch situation and that is not the case this year.

So Im going to DC on business tomorrow, planning on watching A-row take on the Nats. Nice to knock another park off my list.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
Pods SUCKS vs lefties.

He deserves to be on the bench.

Actually, historically, he isnt that bad against LHP>

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 09:36 AM)
So Im going to DC on business tomorrow, planning on watching A-row take on the Nats. Nice to knock another park off my list.

Actually, historically, he isnt that bad against LHP>

Well, this year he's pathetic (11-60 | .183BA, 14K) but last year in 100 ABs he had 33 hits vs the south paws.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 09:36 AM)

if you don't have seats yet try to get something on the left side or the upper deck might even be better. unless they are really close to the field you can't see the scoreboard or parts of right field from the first base side. unless they worked on it since last year, i don't know.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
Right. I think they have 1 tally for CSN and another for WGN.

What I don't understand is why they don't say something like: "Yesterday, DJ you had it right...you picked Pods and he went 3-4 and scored the winning run." Seems strange you make picks but then don't follow up. Yes, I am aware that we're opening a big series with the Tigers and this is not a big deal. :chair