2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
How long does it take to fix an escalator? The final escalator going up at gate 5 has been broken all year. What's the hold up?

An escalator never breaks, it just becomes stairs.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
Did you know there was another Brian Anderson in the MLB?

That Brian Anderson has been around awhile. Pitched for Cleveland for a year. Been all over.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 04:38 PM)
Brian Anderson was the ace of the Royals staff for a time there, hard not to notice him. I remember he was actually half way decent in Arizona too, I believe he's been around for like 13 years now.

KC traded for him in that ridiculously flukey 03 season iirc.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
Did you know there was another Brian Anderson in the MLB?

He's the reason BA is referred to as Brian N. Anderson :P

I remember him on the Royals, wasn't half bad IIRC.

[edit]

Looking at the numbers, it looks like he had a solid 2003, but sucked past that in KC.

Edited by Felix

Brian Anderson was the ace of the Royals staff for a time there, hard not to notice him. I remember he was actually half way decent in Arizona too, I believe he's been around for like 13 years now.

You want to throw a potato in the oven for me? I'm not really hungry for one right now, but....

Didn't want to start another Sox vs. Mariotti thread, so this appeared to be an appropriate place for this peice. From the Daily Herald...

Where’s Mariotti? He’s on vacation

By Ted Cox

Daily Herald TV/Radio Columnist

Posted Saturday, July 01, 2006

Jay Mariotti suddenly went on vacation with the renewal of the cross-town rivalry between the Cubs and White Sox on Friday.

The Sun-Times columnist, who has been embroiled in an extended feud of his own with the Sox, took the time of his own volition; it was not imposed by management.

Yet sources say it was part of a conflict between Mariotti and his editors.

Mariotti has been eloquent about his disappointment in management not supporting him in his row with the Sox, which came to a head recently with manager Ozzie Guillen calling him by a sexual slur.

According to sources, Mariotti was also responding to a recent column criticizing him by his Sun-Times colleague Rick Telander.

Mariotti and Telander have clashed before, but Mariotti was apparently not amused by this piece appearing when it did.

It hurt the Sun-Times to be deprived of its star sports columnist for one of the biggest annual sporting events in the city, but it also didn’t help Mariotti’s reputation. The reason for Guillen’s remarks in the first place was that he felt Mariotti was cowardly for not facing the team on the field or in the locker room. Taking time off at this juncture, for whatever reason, doesn’t make Mariotti look any better.

Terribly sorry I didn't notice an "ace" on the Royals staff and a halfway decent pitcher in the desert. He has had only one season with over 100 K's, 82-83 in his career, pitched 200 innings only once in his career...when I was 10, and a career ERA around 5. Not the most noticable guy in the league.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)

Came from Anaheim and was the Dbacks first pick of the expansion draft IIRC.

LMAO!

"Phil Garner will asess his tragedy... excuse me, STATEGY, rather, against the American League."

LMAO! Well, that's not the exact quote I just heard, but it was along teh liens of that. That's hilarious.

Edited by TheBigHurt