2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 25, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
If your hair is still long, no wonder they moved after a few innings. :P

Pssh, they had work to do. They loved the hair. :D

And ace, do I have to tell everyone on here about the conversations we used to have 2 summers ago about your lady problems? :P

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob's best Matrix impression right there.

Very lucky that didn't end up costing us last night. Shows how important good outfield defense (AKA Brian Anderson) is in the late innings of games.

Me like-ee.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...cs-home-utility

For only the second time since 1998, the White Sox have a larger total payroll than the Cubs—$102.8 million to $94.4 million, according to USA Today's figures.

Because Sox general manager Ken Williams shrewdly has the Phillies, Yankees and Diamondbacks paying significant portions of some player salaries, the Cubs still expend slightly more on payroll than the Sox.

Just bought tickets to the 6/20 game. Happy bday to my lil bro (even if he is 6" taller than me lol)!

They aren't the best seats, but like he says, "as long as we are in the park, they are good."

Usual course of a thread: Small item on BMac's arm angle balloons into raging discussion of Sox farm system and Rule 5 pickups, eventually resolving into a bitter 10-page flame war about Mike Caruso.

Now: Small item on BMac's arm angle gets placed here, and everyone takes it in the proper perspective, as a minor bit that we'll forget in an hour.

Conclusion: PHT is doomed.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:16 PM)
Since May 23rd last year, Garland's line has been this:

13-12 W-L, 212 1/3 IP, 231 Hits, 105 ER, 33 HR, 47 BB, 112 K, 4.45 ERA

Which is basically what he's been his whole career except his hot streak at the beginning of last year. With every start it looks more and more likely that's basically what he will always be. Its not awful, it might be worth $7 million a year, especially knowing he may get on a roll for a while, but its probably not worth the $10 million they owe him next year, or the $12 million the year after that. I know Ozzie is a bit perplexed by Garland's admitted lack of confidence. I really think Ozzie is starting to think of Garland as a pussy. I predict he gone after this season.

This morning's ESPN sportsnation poll (On main page of ESPN.com) asks "Which team is most likely to miss the playoffs this season?" The choices are the Tigers, Red Sox, White Sox, and Yankees. Although it's early the Tigers and Yankees are leading with both getting approximately 40% of the vote. White Sox with the fewest votes at 5%.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 27, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
Am I the only one missing a banner for like say the last 12 hours?

Hmm...It's showing up for me. Rowand said the same thing to me last night.

Tell me if you see it in like 2 minutes.