X-Men: The Last Stand

WilliamTell

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS--MAYBE*

saw it this afternoon. in and of it's self it's an alright flick. that said, what they did to almost all the characters is completely unexcusable. on the upside the handling of beast and juggernaut (even though they touched NOTHING of his past with charles) by grammer & vinnie was pretty good. but once again they made wolverine a pussy, especially with that pep talk. day changing magically into night was a pretty big mess-up, too. halle should have been given less lines, not more. as always stewart and mckellan were the highlights of the flick...

i almost never read his critiques or even visit the site for that matter, but harry from aicn got it right...

Edited by Goldmember

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 27, 2006 -> 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who were all the characters that were killed? And how were they killed?

If someone could post it, or even PM me if they don't want to put all the information in the thread, I'd really appreciate it.

After Jean Grey becomes Phoenix, she has a power that just vaporizes people including;

Professor X, a bunch of Army guys, a bunch of weak mutants, 3 minor mutant characters that hang around Magneto. They never show Cyclops' death either.

Wolverine has to Killed Jean and also kills a bunch of other mutants hanging with Magneto.

Magneto and Mystique get hit with the cure, so they lose their mutant powers. Rogue takes it intentionally to lose her power.

It moved too fast and they could've done a lot more with some of the characters (Archangel, establishing the link between X and Juggs) If they make another one, could they PLEASE cast Val Kilmer to play Gambit?

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 27, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
I just saw it. And I thought it was awesome. I may like this one more than the first, and definitely more than the 2nd.

And that's f***in' priceless that they got that Juggernaut line into the movie!! If you don't know what I'm talking about: WATCH THIS, regardless if you plan to see the movie or not.

And WilliamTell, ****SPOILER alert*****

the scene I saw after the credits was Professor X reincarnated into the body of another in a hospital. Obviously saying that he's not dead.

Haha alright, that was the one I saw. THIS IS A SPOILER alert. It's already been stated but I'm going to talk about it. We see that Professor X is in another body in the hospital. I was wondering if it was the body he was showing at the begining of the movie when he was teaching, probably not but when I see it again I'll be wathing out for it. Then with Cyclops' death, we never see him actually die. The X-Men assume he's dead which helps make us assume that too. Then with the Phoenix's death, I think she's supposed to rise again if I remember correctly, but these movies haven't been directly based on the comics so who knows. This just means that all 3 charecters could actually be back if they even make an X4. I remember hearing that Patrick Stewart at one time said that X3 would be his last X-Men film. Having Professor reincarnated into another body can take Patrick Stewart off the show and keep Professor X.

MORE SPOILERS:

Supposedly, Cyclops got killed off real early because the actor is making another movie and he wasn't able to film that much for this one.

I believe James Marsden the guy that plays Cyclops is in the new Superman movie aswell.

Edited by WilliamTell

I'm about 100% positive that was the same body during the classroom lesson.

As for Stewart, the voice is the same just with a different body. I wonder if he'll be willing just to provide a voice for any sequels.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 28, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
If they make another one, could they PLEASE cast Val Kilmer to play Gambit?

Wow, that would be absolutely perfect. I never even thought of it, but now that you say it, it's great.

And what is the connection between Juggernaut and X?

Last night I heard that X3 made almost 45 million on the first day, 2nd only to Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. That's very good company even though I wasn't very impressed with the film, but none the less I still thought it was pretty good.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 28, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
Half-brother

This is a stupid question, but one I don't know, what's the difference between a half and step. A step is through marriage right, and a half is a parent having a child with someone else. I think that's the way it is, haha.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 28, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
This is a stupid question, but one I don't know, what's the difference between a half and step. A step is through marriage right, and a half is a parent having a child with someone else. I think that's the way it is, haha.

Correct. My dad re-married and because of that I have a step mom and step brother.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 28, 2006 -> 07:45 AM)
Haha alright, that was the one I saw. THIS IS A SPOILER alert. It's already been stated but I'm going to talk about it. We see that Professor X is in another body in the hospital. I was wondering if it was the body he was showing at the begining of the movie when he was teaching, probably not but when I see it again I'll be wathing out for it. Then with Cyclops' death, we never see him actually die. The X-Men assume he's dead which helps make us assume that too. Then with the Phoenix's death, I think she's supposed to rise again if I remember correctly, but these movies haven't been directly based on the comics so who knows. This just means that all 3 charecters could actually be back if they even make an X4. I remember hearing that Patrick Stewart at one time said that X3 would be his last X-Men film. Having Professor reincarnated into another body can take Patrick Stewart off the show and keep Professor X.

I believe James Marsden the guy that plays Cyclops is in the new Superman movie aswell.

You are right about Marsden. He is in the new Superman movie and had a scheduling conflict as the movies were being filmed at the same time. Originally they weren't going to bring him back at all. Too bad too. They could have done a lot more with some of the characters. I thought Angel kinda sucked balls as he wasn't developed one bit during the movie, Rogue was almost a non-factor. Just a lot of crappy decisions. I guess since Bryan Singer left to do Superman I can look forward to that as a decent movie since this one deserved to be a lot better movie than it was.

Just got back from seeing it and all I can say was dissapointing. Sure it was decent, but not near as good as the 2nd one and definately worse than the 1st (2nd was the best, imo).

Now I guess the questions is if they have another one in store cause they left a lot of openings for a potential sequel. But bring back Bryan Singer.

I read somewhere else that the body after the credits is Professor X's twin brother. Is there any evidence of this? Or are the writers just totally crapping over the whole story again?

I was also dissapointed to not seeing any sentinals in the movie (except for the simulation scene, which didn't make much sense to me how it worked.)

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 29, 2006 -> 12:03 AM)
I read somewhere else that the body after the credits is Professor X's twin brother. Is there any evidence of this? Or are the writers just totally crapping over the whole story again?

I was also dissapointed to not seeing any sentinals in the movie (except for the simulation scene, which didn't make much sense to me how it worked.)

I didn't hear that it was a twin brother, maybe it is I'm not sure. But there is a short scene back there, it's kinda interested and makes it look more probably that there will be an X-Men 4.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 29, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
I didn't hear that it was a twin brother, maybe it is I'm not sure. But there is a short scene back there, it's kinda interested and makes it look more probably that there will be an X-Men 4.

There almost has to be, you can't end the movie the way they did with out making another.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 29, 2006 -> 01:24 AM)
There almost has to be, you can't end the movie the way they did with out making another.

There are so many things left in the open in this movie. The cure with Magneto, it basically looked like he moved a the chess King. We assume Cyclops died. We assume Rogue took the cure but don't know for sure, and if she did if Magneto's is wearing off, then Rogues very well might too. They're both Level 4 mutants I think. Then with the Professor Xavier scene at the end. Too many to not do another movie especially after being the 4th largest movie of all time in the first weekend money wise.

Saw it last night, I thought it was good.

Maybe I should have prefaced that by saying that I'm not a huge fan of comic book movies and was just looking to be entertained, it suceeded.

QUOTE(SnB @ May 29, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
Saw it last night, I thought it was good.

Maybe I should have prefaced that by saying that I'm not a huge fan of comic book movies and was just looking to be entertained, it suceeded.

Ditto.

I watched the X Men cartoon back in the day, but didn't mind the changes in the storyline. I'd rather not be expecting certain things to happen. I liked that drastic things happened instead of a day in the life of movie. Who wants that? Who wants nothing to happen? And most of all who actually likes Cyclops? I was happy he was killed.

That's cool and all that they're planning on making an X4, but I just don't understand how X3 can be the last of this series. They left too many unanswered questions at the end. I just hope that they end up using the same actors and actresses as the first 3.